Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blackteles

Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Did some online shopping and picked up a bunch of tropical fish food, and bloodworms for the Telescopes. Also received a shipoment of ProGold from Rick at GC. :thumb:

Went to get some worms and brine srimp for the fishies, and came back with worms, brine srimp and a bubble eye that's adorable :D He'll be joining the teles in the 30g tank I'm getting tomorrow after he's done with quarantine :3

And there are no photos yet?? Shame on you!

Went to a few lfs looking for new fish, and Kiera convienced me to fill out an adoption app for a cat. Have I mentioned I really don't care for cats? The poor thing has a bad eye and I kinda felt sorry for it.

Edited by Patti

Went to a few lfs looking for new fish, and Kiera convienced me to fill out an adoption app for a cat. Have I mentioned I really don't care for cats?

Not yet.

And not yet.

Cats are great. I can see you falling in love with the cat! And I think it is always good for children to grow up with pets, so they learn to respect and care for other living beings. :)

As long as the cat stays out of the goldie tubs we should get along ok. I do think that kids should have pets. Kiera has more than she probably needs but my wife and I both like animals. We have a dog, and cockatiel along with all the fish. We had 2 dogs, 2 rats and a waterdragon but the rats, waterdragon and old dog passed. Kiera has a thing for turtles too. She cant stay away from the big land tortoises they have at the LPS.

Cats are my favorite. I hope your turns out to be a charmer. :)

Went to the LFS.....

Got a New fish, Some new Guppies and a bridge for the Geckos.

The coolest part was the Manager came up to us (TD and I) about 2 mins after we got there and asked if we wanted a 20L tank. I remember my friend Dugan wanted a bigger guppy tank. WOW it was the exact tank he wanted and the Petsmart manager said he was going to break it in the back. So I took it for free! and gave it to Dugan :thumb:

Nice! :)

My hubby got a free shipping code for PetMountain.com so asked if I needed anything.....LOL...I ALWAYS need stuff!! They have GREAT prices on more stuff than I realized they even carried. I am getting a bag of Sakari Hakari (purple), new sponges for the AC110s, & one intake tube (just in case), a brush with a long bendable handle for cleaning the intake tubes, a bunch of tubing connectors, filter pads, 2 pks of black stealth tubing, more ceramic biomax thingees, 2 pks of plant weights & some filter pads! Woohoo! A shopping spree AND my hubby paid for it!! SCORE!!!!

Well we went and got the new cat yesterday. We will see how this goes.

Well we went and got the new cat yesterday. We will see how this goes.

Pictures!! :D

popped in to grab some frozen bloodworms but they only had daphnia left so I bought those. of course I had a peruse at the fish... and was glad to hear the following conversation:

girl: okay if I buy a bowl, what can I get and how many can I get?

manager: the only thing you can put in a bowl is a Siamese fighting fish and only one of those.

girl: can I put two goldfish in there? they're only tiny! (these ones were literally about 1 inch including tail, so so tiny!)

manager: no, for goldfish you'll need a larger tank with a filter.

the girl ended up not buying a bowl! woohoo! also I saw a fish I totally fell in love with, but I can't tell if he's just a standard fantail or if he may end up being more ryukin-like...? will be posting pictures of this in the photos forum.

A family started shouting at one of the shop assitants because she wouldn't sell them any goldfish once they admitted they had no filter.

...drooled all over the goldie tanks! ;)

got a couple of prices for large corner bowfront tanks. :o:yikes:thud I will be shopping for a used one.

got three nerite snails (one zebra and two horned). Now I am sitting around watching snails. You know, they are not very exciting.

got three nerite snails (one zebra and two horned). Now I am sitting around watching snails. You know, they are not very exciting.

Have a couple of drinks and see if that helps.:)

wow i dont know what happened

Edited by Patti

Ok so i finally go around to getting some pictures loaded. According to my wife the person at the shelter told her the cat was born a stray across from the shelter and had been there since it was a kitten. Apparently she had 2 siblings that had found homes already but since Berlin has a messed up eye and is likely blind in it nobody wanted her. Apparently they allow the cats 6 months at the shelter and she was on her last week. They guess her to be around 6 months old. Ki and I have looked at many cats together over the last few months and this is the first one she turned to me and said "daddy please" when she was petting. So here are a few pictures of my lil bug playing with her new kitty :)

033-1.jpg

028.jpg

027-1.jpg

025.jpg

sorry

Edited by Patti

crazy stuff

Edited by Patti

sorry

crazy stuff

wow i dont know what happened

LMAO this made me laugh so hard! :D

That is a cute cat and it seems the young lady is having a lot of fun with her :)

I'm sure the look on my face was priceless when i noticed it quad posted :) My computer or the site must have locked up and it would not post then when it did it thought it needed to 4 times!

Aww, that's a cute kitty. I bet they will be best buds. My son loved his kitty. We had to rehome him due to allergies, but my son still loves to look at kitties and talk to them.

Edited by ShawneeRiver