Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EdgarTheFish

How Do Your Fish Swim?

Is your fish a wiggley fish, a straight swimmer, a hammer head in the water?? How does your fish swim? Also, whats the funniest way your fish ever swam?

Ava is a good swimmer, but she swims sloowww and she swims like a hammer head shark throwing her head from side to side pushing herself through the water.

Romeo is the most wiggliest fish I've ever met. He does tons of wiggles, then lets his momentum and the little current he's made with his wiggles pull him the rest of the way to where he wants to go.

Java swims very fast and straight and only seems to move her tail tips when she swims.. kind of like a hoola hooper!

Head on Red looks like a shark when he swims. :rofl He sticks his dorsal straight up in the air and kind of wiggles towards you. Ludwig kind of tilts on his side because of his fin but he sure does dart away!

Oh how cute!!!

Mooshu is a very graceful swimmer. She kind of floats around the tank and sways from side to side.

Moose is very zippy, his back end shimmies and he darts around with purpose.

Mr. Wendell is kind of clumsy, his wen tends to get in the way and he usually ends up to bumping his wend into things.

I'm still getting used to Martini, the newest addition. Her little back end winds up like and airplane propeller and her whole body wiggles back and worth when she swims, but she's pretty quick.

Silly fishies :heart

Ok...let's see:

Spot (a BIG Common with a giant tail) seems to float along like an ocean liner then just minimally flicks his fins & he SHOOTS thru the water like lightning!

Hershey (Fantail/Oranda) kinda wibble/wobbles thru the water

Jack & Jill (baby Ryukins) seem to lean towards the shark thing.

Yin (Lionhead) floats like a BLIMP!

Isis has the hammerhead shark thing going on. She swings her face from side to side when she swims, so it's really tough to get a clear picture of her. 75% of the pictures I take of her turn out clear but with her head blurry. :doh11:

Both of mine are wigglers! :) Baby Bub Bub is much clumsier, especially at feeding time, he gets very excited; Moonbub is a slightly more graceful wiggler.

:lol I wonder how many ways goldies actually do swim, not counting the sick dearies.

It's funny, four of the goldfish swim pretty much the same way. Somewhat swaying but quite very graceful. For Ponyo and Sophie their wens can exaggerate their movements, but they're both quite sleek and speedy. And then there's Neil :rolleyes: With his chubby little Oranda face and his full body wiggle he is the exact opposite of 'graceful' :lol1 I love watching him shimmy around the tank.

It's funny, four of the goldfish swim pretty much the same way. Somewhat swaying but quite very graceful. For Ponyo and Sophie their wens can exaggerate their movements, but they're both quite sleek and speedy. And then there's Neil :rolleyes: With his chubby little Oranda face and his full body wiggle he is the exact opposite of 'graceful' :lol1 I love watching him shimmy around the tank.

:rofl Do their wens jiggle like little bubbles?

T.F. uses his little arm fins to change direction or stop, and needs only to flick his big powerful tail to glide the length of the tank. It kind of makes me sad that I can't have him in a giant pond. :undecided:

He does play a game with me though. I'll put my face up close to the glass and he will swim more slowly back and forth so that we move in tandem. That takes smaller, more controlled tail flutters.

When I read this post title the first response that popped into my mind was, "...like a fish?". Then I read the responses and thought about my fish and realized that they all swim very differently. Interesting. :wub:

Reila's a wiggly little thing. She shakes her tail and squiggles through the water doing turns and dives and all kinds of silly things. :heart

Tora is my powerful shark swimmer. He swims quickly but very, very gracefully.

Karyu's a glider. He coasts a lot and tends to bump into things. :rolleyes:

Nathaniel does a full body back-n-forth motion that sends him zooming around the tank with his tail flowing beautifully behind him. :D

Iva, as far as I've seen, seems to be a smooth swimmer. She paddles evenly with her fins and glides slowly around the tank. :)

My Percy likes to chase stuff. He's just not a very fast swimmer. He'll wiggle after Dizzy, and then one of the Danios will catch his eye so he'll chase after that until one of the other fsh swim past. Silly little fish.

Spot (a BIG Common with a giant tail) seems to float along like an ocean liner then just minimally flicks his fins & he SHOOTS thru the water like lightning!

All my singletails have the same way of swimming. Move gracefully throught the water until you have to be fast (like during feeding). And they are fast.

My tripod tale (Quasi) does a mix of the classical fancy shimmy and the cometspeed.

pork chop.. butt graceful

sir loyn.. as above, but quicker due to body shape

amico (fancy).. rocket

rocky.. killer rocket

balckmoor's.. if they wiggled any more, they'd lose their telescopes ( :tomuch: )

hershey.. smooth

jewel.. wiggler, but fast.

I have a shimmier (Rusty), a shark (Mariko - definitely a great white rather than a hammerhead though!), a skooter (Red - uses his front fins to propel himself along) and a sycamore helicopter in the form of an orange golfball....(Addie incase you couldn't guess!). The blimp in our house is Halfpint in typical puffer style and the minnows and the bettas swim like minnows and bettas...

Singing....shimmy shimmy cocoa puff!

Those are great guys!! And funny hah.gif

Singing....shimmy shimmy cocoa puff!

spit.gif

Edited by ETF_Ava

My shubunkin does a little wiggle dance when I walk by the tank, right where I always put the food in. :D

Other than that, he only moves his tail fin to swim. The rest of him stays pretty still. Single tailed fish are FAST!