Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EdgarTheFish

What Is Your Goldies Most Funky Behavior/habit?

for the past 10 minutes, Java has been cleaning algae that I missed at cleaning time off of the heater. OH and before that, she took some time kissing the large blue marbles in the tank. and before that.. you guessed it! she was cleaning the silk plants.. what a busy lil fish. I should have named her Maid.

Ava, has decided that her favorite habit is going to be giong up to every individual silk leaf, sit on it or poke it, then go to the next one.

Romeo has this habit of floating suspended in the middle of the tank, lets himself float up, then down, then up, then down, then sit very still and make me think somethings wrong until I get up. He just likes watching me.. <3

Must be a Moor thing :rolleyes:

Marty vacuums up and down each leaf of my anubia, then 'writes' on the algae covered back wall of the tank. I will have to get some photos of the marks he leaves in the algae... his latest one says something like ykiiiily... :rofl

Must be a Moor thing rolleyes.gif

Marty vacuums up and down each leaf of my anubia, then 'writes' on the algae covered back wall of the tank. I will have to get some photos of the marks he leaves in the algae... his latest one says something like ykiiiily... rofl3.gif

jtmuch.gif that statement made me think "now if i just grow myself some algae then i could have goldfish graffiti and sell it as art"

Romano absolutely loves cleaning the biofilm off of the giant bamboo plant and the heater. :rofl and he will not rest until there's a spotless area. And then Red will swim downards in the bubble wall and catch bubbles and spit them out for hours on end.

And then Red will swim downards in the bubble wall and catch bubbles and spit them out for hours on end.

My fish does this too! I swear, he thinks every single bubble is food. "That one looks like food... nope. Oh! Maybe that one? Nope. How about this one? Nope." etc.. :rofl

I'm thinking it's because sometimes the bloodworms I feed him get stuck to air bubbles at the top of the tank, and he stalks them, then darts and grabs them, like they're going to fly away or something! So cute.

Edited by tofu

Rusty used to clean my plants of bubbles that appeared during water changes...she'd be at it for hours pecking each individual one. Since I replaced the fake plants with real ones she pecks at the roots of the java ferns instead and all around the driftwood.

015-1.jpg

Mariko's latest thing is pushing all the glass nuggets on the base of the tank into little walls, I haven't yet figured out what she achieves by this :idont

I used to have two fish that would always play in a bubble stream I'd setup to come out a flowerpot, they'd spend ages getting pushed up and then swimming back down again. One of them once tried it from an airstone when they were in a bucket while I was cleaning the tank and got pushed straight out over the side! Oops!

Oh yes.. the moving of Marbles... My Bubbles and Blizz just love to re decorate right after I do a w/c (LOL)

Mine like to play with bubbles too... but in a "weird" way. All three of them do it to some extent, but Brains is the only one that seems to do it just for fun. They go up to the surface and grab some air, then swim down and shoot it out of their gills. I'm certain that it has nothing to do with poorly oxygenated water or anything... they're just playing, and it's HILLARIOUS to watch, lol :lol1