Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skinnyrose

Watchin My Simi Actually Laying Eggs

My husband and I are litterally sitting here as I type, watching Simi and Akari doing the mating dance, every time Akari gives her a nudge she expels dozens of eggs, while the others swim anxiously around them eating them up....

I feel so bad though knowing they could be cute little baby fishies.....but what an amazing experience!!I've never seen anything like it before. We've only ever had live bearers and poof one day instead of 6 fishies we have 50.....a few days later we're down to a dozen..

We have a bare bottom so I don't think theres much chance of a hidden egg here or there that might get missed. But I know whats coming next.....Akari is going to want to fertalize.....and then comes the mess!!

How exciting... but messy! They really are beautiful to watch :)

Get ready for your water changes, though!

yes lots of w/c's LOL ;) but it is amazing to watch :)

it really must be great to watch, and beautiful too. At least the tank is barebottom and it'll be an easier clean up process. :lol

Well all the eggs were eaten by the fishies and now they are at it again, funny thing though....Mr. Akari hasn't tried to fertalize the eggs, so there hasn't been any mess at all.....did a water change anyway...

But should I be worried over the fact that hes the one doing the chasing, both girls have laid eggs but he hasn't done his job???

Well all the eggs were eaten by the fishies and now they are at it again, funny thing though....Mr. Akari hasn't tried to fertalize the eggs, so there hasn't been any mess at all.....did a water change anyway...

But should I be worried over the fact that hes the one doing the chasing, both girls have laid eggs but he hasn't done his job???

Would he just chase them so he can have eggs to eat?? I dont know much at all about breeding or eggs.. but maybe someone can answer that too!

mustve been exciting!!