Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

I Have Eggs!

ohhh no - you think they got stuck? or that they were just the weaker ones? better than you having to decide who to cull!!!

I am not looking forward to culling and I'm hoping nature will be doing that for me ;) but I did find yet another dead one this afternoon :( it's really making me sad :(

Here's a new video link...vases are gone!notice if you can the size differences some are getting really big (LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73h13uPAWM

12 day old goldfish fry Pic's :)

ctmpphpYl8exP.jpg

ctmpphpXiKKKz.jpg

ctmpphpvwkL5a.jpg

ctmpphpR057iX.jpg

ctmpphp2bfqIW.jpg

Thanks for Looking :)

OMG one of them is a MONSTER! the one at the beginning!!! :rockon

are you going to separate the large and the small? I have read of large ones eating smaller ones!

how many would you like to keep? 15 is two large tanks!

can't wait to see their color!

That is so cool...I'm envious :Congrats: Good luck with them.

So I moved 4 of the smaller one's to their own tank last night and the total of babies is at 12 :) they will be 2 weeks tomorrow and Bubbles and Finns were at it again this am...I am not saving anymore eggs this time as we are moving in august,

Unfortunately the new apt doesn't allow tanks over 25 gallons and a limit of 2 :( (I'm going to up grade my 2 20 gallons to 29 high's ;)so I will probably be re homing the babies once they're ready :( I will get a small stock tank for my back porch once were there ;) I picked the bottom floor for that reason ;)

I completely agree with Captain.. it is a monstah! D8 *flees*

A terribly cute monster, but still..

Fry are 2 weeks old today :)!!!!!

I started with about 18 fry and now have about 12 babies :) some are still quite small and have moved into there own little tank,and some are not (LOL) I'm hoping to move them all into a 10 gallon next month,then into a stock tank (or kiddy pool)on my new back porch in august,my Daughter will be getting first pick of the remainders for her tank :) the rest (if any) will then be re homed :(

Thanks for following :)

oh it is going to be hard rehoming them... cute little ones!!!

Oh how sad that you can't keep them! Lame apartments and all their restrictions... Mine says in the lease that no aquariums are allowed, yet I have a 29 and a 55 and they've never said anything to me even after being in my apartment multiple times. It's stupid. Some things they fight you to the death about because "It's in the lease!" and other things in the lease they completely overlook. It will be a happy day when I am done renting I tell you!

Ugh, according to mapquest, you're only about an hour and a half away from me! I really wish I could promise to take one of your fry when you have to move, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

I'm up in Albany NY, so I'm quite a bit closer than everyone else. :D

Edited by tofu

I know I was so upset that they're limiting my aquariums!!! I lived there a bunch of years ago and had a 55 and a 20 long then...But they under new management now :( I think maybe I will say "I thought you meant 2 aquariums per room" (LOL) ;) as that's what I will have because My daughter and grandson will be moving back in with us and she has 2 aquariums and I currently have 6 (LOL ;) she will be keeping one or more of the fry so it's not like I won't see them ;)as a matter of fact more than I want probably as I will be maintaining her tanks...she's a bit lazy as far as I am concerned with her tank maintenance ;)

Congrats!!! They're going to look awesome. If you have to rehome some.... :lol1

I'm sooo curious how they will look when they're bigger! :D

I'm sorry you have to rehome them though.. :( It would've been great if you could at least keep 1 or something.

I think they try to limit the number of aquariums because of the amount of water damage in case something happens. They won't fight it now, but they'll be on your tail if anything happens. Be careful!

Fry are 16 day's old now :) I haven't lost any in a while :) Here's a few pic's of their tanks... I am still waiting on the darn filters :tantrum

big tank

ctmpphpUGTW6F.jpg

small tank

ctmpphpq22dv2.jpg

Thanks for following :)

Awww they're growing so well! You're doing a fab job with them :D And at updating us with their progress ;) I want to try fry but now is really not the time, and I think my fish haven't realised this as they haven't tried to present me with egg presents :) They always seem to pick the most inopportune times for things!

With regards to your accomodation, most people who don't keep fish can't tell what size a tank is just by looking at it. Dimensionally my 24 gallon (29 in glass measurements) is not that much smaller than my 46 gallon, but the extra 10 cm on each dimension really makes a huge difference in volume. You could probably get away with a 40 and a 30 and just say they're 20 and 15 if anyone asks. My 24 gallon looked enormous when I first got it and seemed to fill half the room, now I look at it and don't see how I could ever have thought it enormous! I don't think anyone will be too bothered as long as nothing breaks. All my rental places have been 'no pets' but they usually mean dogs and cats, no problem with fish but I don't think they've realised how big some tanks are and how many some people have...your new management have obviously had an incident at some point they don't want to repeat! Are they likely to come and check anyway?

Thanks DD

I was thinking of moving my tanks in slowly as I will have a week or so left on my existing lease and my daughter will be the last to move in...so hopefull I will have had my walkthrough by then :) I will also be having renters insurance as well be in the basement apartment so no worries about water damage for below anyway...and I was also thinking most non fish keepers know nothing about tank sizes by eye ;) like you said :) So I would really only have to worry about my two 20 gallons in the beginning(which I will swap out for 30's later ;)... as my other tanks are considered desk top,those tank's can wait a bit :) and the fry will be going on the back porch in a rubbermaid tub or kiddy pool ;)

Goldfish Fry will be 3 weeks tomorrow and thought a video update was in order smile.gif this is them last week...been so busy lately sad.gif

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/shellbell4ever/Goldfish%20Fry/?action=view&current=001-6.mp4

Thanks for looking smile.gif

Edited by shellbell4ever

wow they are good swimmers now! the double tails must look so cool so small.

They are so cool looking right now :) I am excited they should start showing some coloring in the next few weeks :) I think I have lost a few of the smaller ones sadly :( but again it is survival of the fittest in nature, I am just here to help as best as I can:) and being my first (and probably last) time... I don't think I'm doing to poorly ;) here's a few new pic's of the fry :)

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Wow! They are growing so fast, you have done a great job shellbell! I love how rounded their little bellies are. True goldfish trait! :D

Thanks all :)

I can not believe they are 3 weeks old today :) :) :)