Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

I Have Eggs!

I switched Blizzard and Finn's around last week because Bubbles was body slamming poor Blizz and I didn't want any injury's :( so what did I just spot???Eggs all over my 20 Gallon, with Bubbles and Finns???I'm not set up to raise fry :( and I'm not sure if the two could produce babies anyway (different types, Bubbles-Telescope eye and Finns-Lionhead)It would be fun just to raise a couple to see what happens???what do I need to do????

Eeeeeee! Eggs! How exciting!

I'm the last person to give advice on raising fry -- never done it myself. I know it's pretty time-consuming and that you have to have fresh food (i.e. baby brine shrimp you hatch yourself) available for them within a few days. Other than that, I'm not equipped to say much of anything ... EXCEPT ...

HOW CUTE WOULD TELESCOPE/LIONHEAD GOLDIES BE???? Telelions? Lionscopes? I'm drooling at the mere thought. :druel

telescope lionhead babies would be cool! but ye i have read stuff before with the fry, lots of work it sounds like. no advice from me either, but i guess you can leave it in your tank?

You need to separate the eggs from the fish some how, because goldfish will eat their own eggs! You could either, depending on what the eggs are attached to, move them to a separte tank or get a fry divider from your LFS.

and I'm not sure if the two could produce babies anyway (different types, Bubbles-Telescope eye and Finns-Lionhead)

All goldfish are the same species, they're just different breeds. Just think of it like two humans, both of a different race, having a baby.

Edited by Pontosfan

I'm afraid I can't give you any advise on this.

I've had small fry at some point (like.. 5).

But none of them survived past 2 months.

If you decide to keep some of the eggs though, you really need to get them away from the adults. Goldfish LOVE eggs. And not in a parental way.

Edited by Nymphae

Congratulations,Shelly :heart I def think you should remove some and,if they're fertilized,it would be fun to see what they turn out to be :Congrats: Do you have the time to care for the little guys? We need Constance to come on board here :exactly

OMG I am so excited ;) Ok So far I have separated some of the flat marble's with eggs on them in a breeding net thing that hangs on the tank :)We'll see what happens in the next few days... as I am not prepared to anything on a large scale right now,I do have lot's of time being out of work :) but no money because of that as well :( But if need be I can and will set up a rubber maid with sponge filter and brine shrimp hatchery kit :)But I am putting the horse before the cart for now...;) can't help myself...If Kukana's little fry made it with no help at all maybe just a couple of mine will make it too ;)

Here's a few pic's of the mess (LOL)

Thanks for looking :)

Great job shell! You're doing everything right! Sure would be nice to see you raise some fry!!! :D

-Dennis

Oooooh, I'm so excited to follow your progress! Fingers and fins crossed for you here -- good luck!

P.S. If you end up with goldfish with lionhead bodies and orange telescope eyes, I am so totally coming to kidnap some fry!!!

Wow you must be soooo excited, I know I would be!!

Keep us up to date with how you get on, I'm so looking forward to seeing this progress!! :D

:Congrats:

I'm not sure if the eggs are fertilized or not,they all look the same this morning as they did last night? I'm going to give them till tonight to see if they start to look any different,I'm also going to leave the one's that are stuck inside of the bowl with the plant's just to see what happens,when I tried to remove some yesterday with a turkey baster they were pretty stuck to the bottom?hence why I just moved the flat marbles with them stuck to it ;)I was just skimming through BF journal and I think I will invest in a kiddy pool if any survive :)I have a lowe's just up the hill from me :) :)

I'm not 100% sure...But I think I see eye's ;)

So I was thinking about my poor fry getting eaten all night and couldn't sleep :(

So I re located the Betta Boy's for now in there old tanks and I have set up the (2) 2.5 gallon tanks as a temp fry hatchery :) so far 1 little fry has been spotted :) I think the temp was a little warmer than the main tank so I will wait a bit before I transfer the rest :)I'm so excited about this journey :) :)

Check out the wittle baby goldfishies :) sooooo Cute :) wish me luck folks :)

Thanks for looking :)

They're not fish! They're coloured stones!

/jk XD

Oh wow! That's great! 8D

I really hope they'll make it into adults!

/keeps fingers crossed

Wow Shell, they are so tiny!!! :D I hope some survive for you!

Oh, wow!!! Little fishy specks! This is so exciting. I know fry are delicate, and we shouldn't count your fish before they ... well, they've hatched already, but you know what I mean. But I can't help myself -- I keep picturing dorsal-less lionhead bodies with adorable telescope eyes. Squeeeeeeeee!

I know me too :) I am so excited!!! I am going out Thursday to pick up my brine shrimp :) I only have a dozen or so fry right now and they're hanging on the glass of the tanks :)They are so freaking adorable :) I'v got my eye on craig's list for a 20 gallon long ;)But thats a bit ahead of my self :( One day at a time :)

Day 2 and I still have quite a few little specks with eye's ;)

Eeee how exciting! I missed this earlier and was wondering why you had a picture of some marbles in your sig, I thought you just wanted to make a square! Now all has become clear... looking forward to seeing your little teleheads!

Too funny Sarah...I have ocd and wanted a square true,,, but it's a pic of the little fry (LOL) I will switch it out as they develop smile.gif a bunch are still hanging around today smile.gif getting them started on the brine shrimp tomorrow smile.gif

Edited by shellbell4ever

I'm just tickled to death following your progress with these fry. Be sure to keep posting updates!

Ok... So I can't tell if the little one's still have their yolk sac's or not but they appeared to be grazing on the glass and rocks on the bottom this am :) so I picked up some hikari first bites and frozen (all I could find :() brine shrimp and it looks like they prefer the hikari for now :) I think last count was at 18 or so fry???not 100% on that as they are little and disapear quickly ;) keeping my fingers crossed :) Thanks for looking :)

YAY!!! :Congrats: Itsy bitsy teeny weeny GOLDFISH BABIES!!! :heart !!! Soooooo excited for you! I can't wait to see how they develop. Wish I lived closer, I have a space in my tank, maybe you could pop him in the ocean and make him swim here! :gcar::rofl