Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Findus Goldfish

New Goldie!

Yesterday we were in france (to the place where i got Sir Archie) and this guy was soooo cute I couldn't resist! the woman didn't want to sell him to me as all their goldie tanks had an ich outbreak - i told her it didn't really make any difference as a few weeks ago she sold me Archie who contaminated my entire tank with ich! so whether she knew it or not - he fish were always sick ahahah!

he looks REALLY healthy - no signs of ich so far - I will QT him (60liter tank) tho up to 0.3% for the month of salt + heat and maybe the Jungle Food like I have been doing the main tank + Prazi once it arrives. He is very social - seems bored in there alone. I might move him to the main tank in a month but I have 2large goldies and 1tiny one in there already - and it's 40gallon - so putting him in would be overstocking right?

A new tank is planned to arrive summer or september.

I think he is a simple fantail - but I think his calico orange is real funky. We named him Sir Lancelot as he is very brave :whatjust:

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2281.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

Wow, love his intense coloring! He's a beauty :D

Oooh, he's very pretty! I wouldn't be able to resist either if I saw him in a store :)

It would not really be overstocking, because each goldfish needs a minimum of 10 gallons. However it's always better of course to give them more space than that, especially if they're large fish. It's really up to you and what you're comfortable with IMO. How many water changes you want to do, how closely you want to monitor water quality, etc.

thanx Sakura. I thought it was 20gallon 1st goldie and then 10g the following. Maybe I could squish him in during the summer? He seems very social so maybe I will do that - he knows Sir Archie as he was in the same tank at the Pet Store so maybe he will like it.

have to check when I can get the new tank - I have my eye on the gorgeous new Fluval Profile :heart but it's a bit of a budget - have to plan!

Oh you're right, some people do think that 20 gallons for first and 10 gallons for every additional fish is better. I guess that would be better since it's just allowing more space per fish. I guess I think it depends on a lot of things, but as long as each fish gets 10 gallons you'll be good. As long as you're willing to check water parameters closely and move fish to bigger spaces if need be, and I know you are. :)

I will be upgrading them as soon as I can - have to convince the boyfriend ahahha! Once my tank is cycled and everyone is healthy I could consider it for the summer months - just for social purposes - he literally stays in the area of his tank so he can look out the door at us passing :heart he's pretty sweet!

He's a great looking calico! :Congrats:

-Dennis

:Congrats: Beautiful fish, great color!

Oooooooooo Federica,nice find :heart I love him :wub:

thanx susan! he is by far the friendliest and most courageous goldie I have! when I took him out of the bag he just rested in my hand - totally calm! that never happened to me before! they usually squirm ad jump!

I can't wait for him to be with the others!

I just want to know how you missed him last week :whatjust: ?

PS I just looked at those Profiles-they're not cheap,are they? :ignore

Federica Sir Lancelot is so cute. Who could resist that little sweetie. :heart

Such a cutie...that is pretty amazing coloring!

susan - boyfriend can only deal with getting once fish at a time :rofl and last week little Chuck was in my QT tank - poor baby.

the Fluval Profil is NOT at all cheap! :krazy: ! But aren't they gorgeous!?!?! have to check the quality - if it is a tank I will keep for the next 10years! I have to also decide the size - do I dare get a 500liter tank? can I handle it?

That is some seriously lovely calico coloration. Congratulations on the :newfish!

Beautiful Calico :) Congrats on the new addition :)

Beautiful Calico :) Congrats on the new addition :)

Your fish is beautiful! Enjoy him/her.