Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dfernandez77

20100516 - A Video Of My Girls

Tinko is the big Ranchu - maybe 4 years old. Istvan is the Demekin - about a year old now. And Ferrero is the little Ryukin - just less than 3 years old.

<object width="1300" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olo_Ah_Ss9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olo_Ah_Ss9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olo_Ah_Ss9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1300" height="765"></embed></object>

Very pretty. Just got to ask. Whats with the weird numbers in front of your titles?

Very pretty. Just got to ask. Whats with the weird numbers in front of your titles?

The date. :D

Oh ok but those are on each post. lol

Oh ok but those are on each post. lol

Just a habit that comes from being a tech geek. :)

How big are they? They look massive! :D

They all look very healthy too!

How big are they? They look massive! :D

They all look very healthy too!

Tinko is just over 9 inches, and the other two are less. :)

Omigosh! Those girls are huge!

I could watch that video all day!!

Gotta ask the question - what on earth do you feed them?! lol :D

Thankyou for sharing! :)

They are a real credit to your care and :heart! Really stunning. And nice to see a larger size embedded video :)

Gotta ask the question - what on earth do you feed them?! lol :D

The basic diet is Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Color Enhancing Diet. They also get broccoli occasionally, and sometimes ProGold for variety.

They are a real credit to your care and :heart! Really stunning. And nice to see a larger size embedded video :)

Oh, you're too nice Umo. :heart

I should give you a a squeeze. :yeah: hehe

Too bad I can't get rid of the chronic crud issue. See the little white spots on Istvan's right side, pectoral fins, and tail. They're bigger already. They're on Tinko's right side and tail too. I just finished 2 weeks of MediGold with 8 days of nitrofurazone 2 weeks ago. Looked like they were good. But it's coming back slowly. Soon they'll have white patchy stuff all over in a couple weeks. :-(

Oh, you're too nice Umo.

Umo :unsure::rofl

Im sorry about those dang white bits re-appearing. It has to be something in the water source no? Do you know anyone else who keeps fish or ponds etc and uses the same tap source water? :idont Wait a minute...don't you use RO?

Otherwise it may be viral. And if so may just keep flaring up and receding?

Umo :unsure::rofl

Im sorry about those dang white bits re-appearing. It has to be something in the water source no? Do you know anyone else who keeps fish or ponds etc and uses the same tap source water? :idont Wait a minute...don't you use RO?

Otherwise it may be viral. And if so may just keep flaring up and receding?

Haha! Yah - what's up with the Umo thing?

I don't know any other fish keepers. My tropicals don't have the issue though. Seems to be goldfish specific. I do think it's a something in the environment. However, even my new UV sterilizer isn't completely eliminating it - maybe it is viral. And whatever it is - I still had it when I was using RO/DI water. I was changing water so often that RO/DI was way too impractical - and it didn't resolve the white spots issue anyway. Nitrates are higher, but I just change the water sooner.

Overall though, it appears to be halted at just a light affliction like you see at this time. Before the last medication round it was all over Istvan. We'll see if it stabilizes as is - that would be an improvement. :)