Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jed  Kim

My Goldfishs' Skin Is Being Like Torn And Their Fins Are Ragged.

Guest Jed  Kim

I have an small 40 gallon tub pond outdoors. As it is a small pond, it is subject to extreme temperatures. After one scorching day, their fins were ragged and their skin? peeling off and 3 of 6 were dead. Please help!

Jed Kim can you answer the list of questions at the top of the page. It really helps everyone get a better idea on what is going on with your fish. Hope someone can help soon.

Guest Jed  Kim

i have not tested for nitrate,nitrite, or ammonia but I will as soon as possible. I change 50% of the water everyday using conditioned water. I recently decided to add 2 feeder comets to the pond which housed 1 fantail and 3 comets (I will soon get a bigger pond or tank). The fish are 2 -5 in. long. I feed them twice a day and net out the leftovers. I do not have an filter but i do have 2 airpumps running.i noticed frayed fins and added aquaria sol. 1 of the feeder comets developed ich like things on its body. other than that, i found nothing unusual, other than that 3 goldfish died over night.

Edited by Jed Kim

:heart I'm sorry for your loss!

The problem with extreme temps and goldies is that they really don't mix. :( I would empty your container and scrub it down really well before trying again if you decide to. With it being only 40 gallons, I wouldn't get more than 2 fish.

Please keep us posted.