Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2008paul

?400 To ?500

I'm looking to buy a bran new fishtank for hot water fish.

I don't want to use any more than about ?500. Here is what I need..

Lots of room to hold about 20 fish

Needs to be a tank on a stand

Needs to be on a shop website (not eBay) also the site needs to do delivery.

Thanks

Paul

Part of this depends what fish you want to keep. To keep 20 common goldfish you will need a 1600 litre tank (a pond basically), for 20 fancies you'll need 400 litres, for 20 smaller fish like tetras you need much less.

Here's a site to get you started if you're determined to have one new http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/

Personally, I'd go with ebay, I got my ?450 bowfront with stand for ?150 + petrol for picking it up, and there's nothing wrong with it. I figure it's only going to look new for 5 minutes anyway so why not save ?300.

Ebay is probably your best option as devilduck has mentioned. You would be very lucky to get a quality aquarium for 6 goldfish for under ?400. My Rena Aqualife 200 is selling for ?430 now on rocket aquatics and that is 65 US Gallons. It does come with everything you need to get it up and running. Even if you got a cheap tank on ebay that will house 10 fancy goldfish you are going to have to spend money on good filtration and that could cost more than the tank itself.