Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sushi13

What Is Going On?!?

Something is very wrong with Sushii!

All water levels are normal! I checked it all! Food and diet has not changed; only added peaches, strawberries, and corn and she is fine!

Two weeks ago she was up and swimming, foraging, and being a goldfish!

Since the heater was accidentally "shut off" and the tank was 79 degrees and dropped to 63 degrees for two days, and I slowly reworked the tank back up to 79 degrees over four days not to shock her!

She no longer swims but sits! When she gets up to swim she coughs, spirals down, and slams on her belly!

She only acts normal when it comes to eating! Chopstix is falling into depression but Sushii is ignoring her!

I checked for dopsy, ich, velvet...nothing!

Poop is normal!

Ever since the temp drop she has never been the same. :(

I wish I knew enough to be able to help hon. 00001649.gif I hope Sushi is ok and hopefully someone will be here soon who can help.

Just wanted to offer you some moral support. I hope someone will soon be by to help you and Sushi. :heart

First thing is: please calm down! The last thing any situation needs is panic panic panic.

Personally, I would give Sushi another day of watching and waiting.

Oh and a water change couldn't hurt either, you know that is always a good move.

Good luck xxx

Thank all.

I have actually been crying since seeing her like this. I did a 50% water change and it still hasn't had an effect. :(

I am so sorry, sweetie. I know how much Sushii means to you. Is there any chance you can get a video of her behavior? Does she look swollen at all. I'm pretty sure that cold water can cause them to go into spawning mode.

I can try getting video.

I'm not a mod or a helper but maybe it could be gill flukes. Have you treated with prazi??? Have you tested the water? I hope a mod or helper comes on here to help you soon. Hang in there!!!! :heart:k055:

Edited by Gigi

Okay I got a video...I am uploading it now.

Sorry the quality is not that good....but you can see something is wrong.

First video:

She does a spiral slam comes up to greet me and then slams in the corner at the end. :(

2nd Video:

She comes up and spirals and slams her head in the gravel and you can see her coughing.

I'm not a mod either, but I'm guessing you are dealing with flukes as well. Any prazi on hand?

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I really really hope you get this sorted and it's something simple like a course of Prazi is all that's needed. :hug

Thanks Sarah and Amymitchell. :)

She seems to be doing slightly better since I have started feeding some AP food.

Makes sense. That has prazi in it. I would still do a few liquid treatments to be safe. Glad things are looking up.