Ranchugirl

All Kinds Of Fry Food....

30 posts in this topic

Tnx for your warm welcome Ranchugirl.

Sorry but do not have any pics at the moment. The ryukins used for the batch mentioned above are in fact quite new. I just got them from Thailand about 6 weeks ago; aa grade; approx 2.5" (I hate buying large fish) with a very nice distinctive hump and a high erect dorsal. In fact I used a red & white female and the milt of two red males. As said, these Thai fish, although a bit expensive, are quite nice. I actually bought 12 - 7 are great, 1 is very nice but will not be using 'him' for breeding since he has only 1 anal fin and the other 4 are Calicos. The Calicos are also nice specimens to look at, but in my opinion they lack most of the true Ryukin characteristics.

Cheers

John

btw have been goldfish fanatic for these last 40 years and have done some judging in local fish shows.

I can assure you that the Maltese goldies are quite similar to Asian and American specimens :)

Guest skyrocket

i am feding my fry crushed tetra pond pellets as the adults are fed on the uncrushed ones seems to be working ok :-) when they are bigger i hope to have some photos of the fry they are still about small for me to do that though. as they are only three weeks old but getting there.

Guest LiL GinGeR

Ive seen baby goldfish fry eat boiled potatoe skins at my friends house it was very entertaining they swarm all ove rit then when they dispersed it was all gone :lol:

how old were they?

After a few unsuccessful batches of hatching brine shrimp i sent away for freeze dried uncapsulated shrimp eggs and to my dismay the fry wont even touch them though they are reportedly sometimes even better then actual live baby brine shrimp.. trying to get my local store to stock the frozen.. for now hikari first bites.. hoping i can find some soon i have a newly hatched batch of pure yellow comets that i'm looking forward to