Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
caitie

Bandit Flipping Over

Edith, I'm just wondering, are you sure that Bandit still has a good quality of life with all this going on? I just feel so bad for the little guy, as I know you do too.

You are a great fish mom, keep the good work up! smile.gif

I wondered about that too Sakura. I even bought clove oil for him, but Imo explained that if he is still active and eating it shows that he still has the will to live. The picture I posted is when he sleeps. But when he is awake he swims all over the tank and he responds to me very well. Only some days does he feel under the weather but even then he eats like a little pig and does his little wiggle dance for me. You know he even learned to beg for attention, he goes to the top of the water at the front and he does something with his mouth that makes a really loud clapping sound on the glass. He can do this for half an hour if I don't go to him. He stops as soon as I go and sit in front of the tank. That's when he does his little wiggly dance. wub.gif

This made me smile and brought tears to my eyes :) I've never actually met Bandit but I feel like this is just right in character for him wub.gif It's like he's just down the road and I can pop in and see him from time to time heartpump.gif

It's funny because when I got him he was like the third replacement fish the lady at the store was giving me, the others kept dying within a day or two. ( Duh! I should have clued in right there!!!) He really wasn't my first pick, he was too tiny and not as pretty as the others. But now I can't even imagine not having him. He's like a little puppy, always so happy to have company. :D

I've been reading this thread for ages... and it is so inspiring!

Maybe Bandit should have his own Blog somewhere - this really is a beautiful example of why goldfish are *real* pets and not just a throw-away item.

He is such a little fighter and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how proud we all are of both you :heart

Thanks Squick. :) We couldn't have done it without Koko's and everyone who supported us. :heart

Imo we have another problem. :(

When I went to wake Bandit up right now I noticed that his tummy has a little rash. Little red pinpricks. I thought it must be because he is belly up at the top a lot. But then I started examining him more closely and I see he has some red streaks under his tail. Not in the tail but rather in the flesh where the tail starts. And one dark red mark in his tail which looks elevated, if that makes sense. :idont I'm worried because if you remember when all this started his fins disintegrated in about 48 hours.

I can try to get a picture if you think you need one.

His stats are perfect : Ammo 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate way below 5. P.H 8.0

I will do a 90% wc tonight and add some salt again at 0.1%. I was doing prazi because of those little cysts on his fins but they are all gone so I won't add the prazi again.

Okay I managed to get some pics during his water change.

The first two show his tail and I can see some red streaks on the pic that I couldn't see while he was in the tank. :(

bandit28-05-10028.jpg

bandit28-05-10048.jpg

This one is his tummy.

bandit28-05-10036.jpg

Any idea where this is coming from? :doh11:

Also I just noticed that in the first and the last pics he is more swollen on one side.

Hey Edith - the only thing I can think of is septicemia.... I also looked it up and they show this diagram:

Diagram

I hope thats not what it is..... will look a bit how it can be treated...

Thanks Federica. :)

I thought that's what it looked like too but since he is getting daily wc and his water is testing out perfect I'm curious about what brought this on.

But it must have been something he is sensitive to in the water because I did a 100% wc last night and put in 0.1% salt and today everything is a lot less red. It is still there but not as red.

And he wasn't floating so that pleases me, I like it when he can swim around. :)

Edited by caitie

it is very strange... also because I read that the JungleFood is one of the treatments... so how could it have come - you are still feeding him the jungle right? Maybe it was some sort of reaction to the parasites inside him? I don't think it could be in the water... :idont

I know! He's driving me nuts.:krazy:Yes he's still on the Jungle 3 days a week. Hopefully Imo will know where it came from.

poor guy - he is so sweet tho!

yea I hope she does! Will keep an eye on the thread as I am also curious to know how that could happen... glad to know its already better tho!

Another quick update.

Almost all the red is gone: On his tummy and the big red spot on his tail, only one reddish streak is still there.

Here are some pics taken a few minutes ago.

bandit28-05-10-2009.jpg

bandit28-05-10-2034.jpg

This last one is the faint streak that hasn't completely faded.

bandit28-05-10-2017.jpg

Don't know where this came from yesterday but I'll assume it came from the water since a 100% wc and salt helped in less than 24 hours.

Bandit pulls through again :heart GO BANDIT :bounce You know Edith,I have had a black Tele who,for months,floated up top :saywhat Then 1 day I walk out,and he's sunk to the bottom :yikes And there he has stayed. He LOVES to eat,and since I feed him in a floating basket,I started leaving him in there all day-so he can float around and see the pond :ehh As long as they remain enthusiastic about things,I def think they have a quality of life and something to live for :exactly:heart:goldfish:

he is too cute! it's like he does the posing all by himself - 'check my side, under, over' :rofl

however, to me he looks way less tummy bloated then a few weeks ago no?

Bandit pulls through again :heart GO BANDIT :bounce You know Edith,I have had a black Tele who,for months,floated up top :saywhat Then 1 day I walk out,and he's sunk to the bottom :yikes And there he has stayed. He LOVES to eat,and since I feed him in a floating basket,I started leaving him in there all day-so he can float around and see the pond :ehh As long as they remain enthusiastic about things,I def think they have a quality of life and something to live for :exactly:heart:goldfish:

Thanks Susan. :D

Poor Bandit keeps giving me these scares and then the next day he gets better. :)

Like your fish he floats a lot but then suddenly he'll be a sinker for a couple of days. It's almost like he can't decide. ;)

But he is a fighter so I won't give up on him unless he lets me know it's time to give up. :heart

he is too cute! it's like he does the posing all by himself - 'check my side, under, over' :rofl

however, to me he looks way less tummy bloated then a few weeks ago no?

I know, who would have thought he was a camera hog? Can't get a decent pic in the tank but that measuring cup is another thing, he can't hide from the camera there. :D

He was so insulted when I put him in there for his 100 % wc. :D It was the first time he was in such a small container. And then I did again last night for the new pics. :rofl

And yes this is a good time for him is belly is much less swollen let's hope it stays that way.

He is looking very good! :D

All right guys, Bandit wanted me to give you this little message tonight. ;)

th_banditsmessage4.jpg

Today was such a frustrating day for me. I got home tonight after having spent the whole day in hospital waiting rooms with my parents and we still know nothing more than when we went this morning. :doh11:

Got home and went to look at Bandit and when I saw him swimming like this it just made my day. :D

So I thought I'd share with you guys. :heart

Aw,he's SUCH a sweetie :wub: He does SO great at the top,not flipping-I'm curious,does he swim better after you've taken the water out for a w/c? Sorry you had a tough day,Edith :hug I hope Mom and Dad are feeling better soon :heart Did you see that you're Member Of The Month-that should cheer you up too-WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, that's just great. I love your Bandit. heartpump.gif

Thanks for the happy update, I'm glad to see Bandit looking so chipper. You've been doing such a good job him, Edith!

Thanks everyone! This just made me so happy tonight when I saw him. :D When he goes to the bottom he still has some trouble but it might have been because he had some tiny pieces of peas down there from his supper. He still hasn't flipped or floated yet this evening.:rockon

Aw,he's SUCH a sweetie :wub: He does SO great at the top,not flipping-I'm curious,does he swim better after you've taken the water out for a w/c? Sorry you had a tough day,Edith :hug I hope Mom and Dad are feeling better soon :heart Did you see that you're Member Of The Month-that should cheer you up too-WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Susan. :heart So far the wc don't really affect him. I think he took a turn for the better after he passed those funny jelly things (probably worm eggs in plasma) and after he had all those red streaks. Since then he seems to be getting stronger.

I just noticed I was motm and it sure did cheer me up. I love all you guys too!!!!!!

OH Edith!!! he looks sooooo good!!! :heart:heart:heart really controls his body quite good!!! its great - he seems to be totally in control whether he will float a bit or DIVE! :rofl he is going to turn into one fast swimmer!

how is it going on the 'worm front'? his belly look good!

He is fast now isn't he Federica? On the worm front his belly hasn't been swollen the last few days and he hasn't passed any worms. I'm hoping we finally have these worms under control. :D

that would be great!

I second that!