Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
colourshadow

Fish Market In Beijing

Hi, long time no see~ Last week i was busy, I could hardly come here. Till last weekend i was idle. So i decided to go to a famous fish market in Beijing. I took many photos. There are many other fish market in Beijing,of course. This market is just one of them. The aim of this topic is introducing some fish culture in China, and i also want to see the flourish of fish in your area. Hope you can share too

I got up early at Sat. It was 8:25AM when i arrived at the front door of the ShiLihe market

P1000969.jpg

you can see a few of people, but when i decided to go back home, a lof of persons were here

P1000970.jpg

GOOD GRIEF! Discus in a cold climate??? People wore heavy fleeced jackets implying cold weather but discus in bags...wacko.gif I've kept discus and they were NEVER tolerant to anything below 80 degrees Fahrenheit.yikes.gif

Whenever i saw the goldfish in the market, i was excited.

I went to the shop where i often bought fish. It is very kind of boss for allowing me take photos

so next is the goldfish show

P1000984.jpg

P1000985.jpg

P1000986.jpg

P1000987.jpg

P1000988.jpg

P1000990.jpg

P1000991.jpg

P1000992.jpg

Oh my Gosh!!Those goldies all look so fat and happy!! and Beautiful!!!Thanks for sharing your pic's with us :)

GOOD GRIEF! Discus in a cold climate??? People wore heavy fleeced jackets implying cold weather but discus in bags...wacko.gif I've kept discus and they were NEVER tolerant to anything below 80 degrees Fahrenheit.yikes.gif

People ,who sold the fish, upgraded the temperature by boiling water beside them. You can see some boilers in the second pic. But i think the fish were still suffering.

Oh my Gosh!!Those goldies all look so fat and happy!! and Beautiful!!!Thanks for sharing your pic's with us :)

haha, go on!

P1000993.jpg

P1000994.jpg

P1000995.jpg

P1000996.jpg

P1000997.jpg

P1000998.jpg

P1000999.jpg

Aww...Looka that! Those chubby cheeky orandas....pudgy eyed telescopes...puffy faced ranchus and handsome redcaps wearing porkpie hats. heartpump.gif Ya know I could forever shop there ESPECIALLY orandas!booty.gif

Why am I always under torture from goldfish lovapalooza???post-4056-1113060392.gif

Keep 'em pouring, FC. I'm drooling all over the keyboard.druel.gif Now I want to go to China and shop there all day.lolol

Keep 'em pouring, FC. I'm drooling all over the keyboard.druel.gif Now I want to go to China and shop there all day.lolol

Welcome~ wish meeting Lupin one day! i will take you to taste some Chinese food

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010041.jpg

P1010042.jpg

the end~

P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

when i went out,the market were full of people. Crowd,very crowd

P1010064.jpg

i brought back two fish. i will show them, maybe next time

I'm killing myself just drooling all over the pics.:o Thanks for posting this, from china! And are these new goldies of yours orandas by any chance?:D

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous photos,it is fascinating to see the quality of fish you have available - certainly much higher than anything widely available here in the UK.

I cannot tell you how much I am coveting those bubble eyes and the celestials - oh my goodness,I want them sooo much heartpump.gif

Absolutely beautiful fish, so large and well fed. Thank you so much for sharing the pics.

Makes me sad though. All that good early care by the breeder to raise them to that size -only to lose so many in those kind of show buckets and bags. So many in so tight a space the ammonia must be just crazy high. They can tolerate it for a few days maximum. Without filtration. I dont like to think what happens to the unsold fish at the end of the day or two.

Thank you so much for sharing!!! Great way to start my day for sure!!!! :heart:heart:heart:heart:heart

oohh...mmyyy..GOD! I would have a heart attack if i even saw ONE of those tanks here in the US! Those fish are amazing!!!! Please tell me you got at least one! Thanks for sharing the pics...we love them!

Oh, he got two, MrsMohr.lol I wish these ARE orandas!

I want to go!!

WOW! I would be a kid in a candy store! There isn't ANYTHING like that in the US.....did you take any home?

Thanks for sharing that and making us all jealous!!!