Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lola13

My Rescued Goldies

Hello all! I've never really posted many pictures of my goldies, so I took a few good shots last night and figured it's about time I post them. For those of you who dont remember me, I rescued two goldies about two months ago. I do not know their genders, as they are pretty small and young. I have a black moor, whom I have named Sharkie. And a ranchu (or lionhead.. not sure which) who I have named Scooba. For now they are living in a 20 gallon tank, but hopefully within a year I will be able to get them a bigger home. I want them to be as friendly and outgoing as possible, so I hand feed them all of their meals (this also helps me know exactly how much food each one is getting). They are not afraid of my hands at all, and as soon as they see me, they think "FOOD"! I love these little babies, and am so glad that I could rescue them!

016-2.jpg

This is their tank. I recently went with a natural theme. The bottom is covered in a layer of medium sized stones (marketed as turtle stones, but they work perfect for goldies) They also have a fake driftwood ornament and silk plants. When the goldies get bigger, I will remove the driftwood ornament and cut back to one or two plants to give them more room, but right now, as they're just babies, the love the current setup and all of the hiding places.

017-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

Here are my babies! Sharkie is the moor.. named so because s/he reminds me of a hammerhead shark! And Scooba is the ranchu (or lionhead... can someone give me a clear answer on this?)

001-4.jpg

020-1.jpg

Scooba. I think s/he may be female, as the vent sticks out visibly, but then again, I am no goldie expert. Scooba is begining to get a wen, but hasn't much so far. I believe this is called the "plate" right?

003-4.jpg

012-7.jpg

And this is Sharkie. I think this may be a boy, because I cant really see a vent at all, but I'm not completely sure about this.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my babies! If anyone has any pointers about telling which gender they are, it would be much appriciated! Also, I am not sure if Scooba is a lionhead or a ranchu, so if anyone knows for sure, it would be great to find out!

Your tank and fish are lovely :)

I'd say Scooba is a lionhead because of the lack of curvature in his spine. Either way they're both lovely!

Aaaww how sweet! :heart

They look very happy together!

I love the way you have your tank set up!!

Thankyou for sharing! :)

The goldfish you have are beautiful.

I would say Scooba is a Lionhead.

Your rescued babies are doing very well I'd say :) Beautiful Tank :) and Both your fish are very cute,

They are adorable! Glad to hear they are doing well!

What a cute pair :)

Oh thank you all for the wonderful comments! Your all so nice!

These little babies bring me so much joy... I dont see how I ever lived without them. They are very small right now, but I want them to grow big and fat! Haha! I cant wait to watch them grow up into happy, healthy goldies! And I really cant wait to see what happens with Scoobas wen! It's definately there, so its not like s/he dosent have one at all, so I'm hoping that it will GROW!