Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
colourshadow

Beautiful Goldfish

Haha, I too think that Man Yu might have been stressing a more so-called "lewd" point. hah.gif

rofl3.gifrofl3.gif

Yes, the term "suggestive" could have been double-edged depending on what context it is used.

oh,English is complicated, i don't understand the exact meaning of "suggestive". I often look for dict for communicating with U.55555

Here.lol

Main Entry: sug?ges?tive Pronunciation: \səg-ˈjes-tiv, sə-ˈjes-\Function: adjective Date: 16311 a : giving a suggestion : indicative <suggestive of a past era> b : full of suggestions : stimulating thought <provided a suggestive?commentary on the era ? Lloyd Morris> c : stirring mental associations : evocative

2 : suggesting or tending to suggest something improper or indecent : risqu?

? sug?ges?tive?ly adverb

? sug?ges?tive?ness noun

In Man Yu's post, the context gears more on the shrewd idea that the fixed color pattern was somehow manipulated instead of natural selection. See the data of jikins' color pattern origins to understand that.

As to what others were teasing about, no. 2 definition in quote is perfectly accurate there. See why they hinted they have dirty minds?heh.gif

Well, he never did actually clarify which definition he was using. :blink:

No color patterns or physical attributes on any goldfish can be attributed to natural selection. That would be artificial selection, which is similar yet has a vastly different driving force. ;)

Oh, you guys... the dirty-minded ones out there immediately got what I was hinting at! :bingo:

Lupin, you're missing the forest for the trees. ;)

(I'd have expected Daniel to have picked up on this one by now but I guess he's not around ATM)

Edited by Man Yu

Hey! I'm not the one who has a usually dirty mind.heh.gif My mind is pure and clean but I got now what you meant which means you deserve this...pan.gif

LOL. yeah right. "pure and innocent" + "chums with MrsMohr" somehow doesn't jive in my head :D

Ok,not to rain on anyone's parade,BUT,I think it's just awful-what they do to these fish :cry1 I think the bubbles are mean and cruel,and now,there's talk about plucking scales?OMG,It's inhumane,and I'd like to see a few of the breeders w/ their tear ducts so swollen that all they can do is look up,and have to carry around big bubbles on their faces!!!Sorry about the rant,but it's the 1 thing,that I know about anyway,that really chaps my butt in gf keeping :yikes

I'm completely with you on this. To me this is worse than the kind of people who keep goldfish in bowls, because these breeders know what they're doing and their cruelty is intentional rather than just uninformed or ignornant. It infuriates me to see goldfish who are so severely deformed that they cannot even swim or see properly all in the name of superficiality. It was worse enough for me to see fish being held out of water like lifeless trophies.

:blowup:

Butterfly comes today. First let me add a bubble missed yesterday

6a8cee54ef20a077564e00a3.jpg

and then the butterfly

911.jpg

912.jpg

913.jpg

914.jpg

915.jpg

the end for today

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

90.jpg

Edited by from china

Absolutely love the butterflies. I'm planning on getting two for my empty tank... if only I can find some good quality ones!

LOL. yeah right. "pure and innocent" + "chums with MrsMohr" somehow doesn't jive in my head biggrin.gif

MRSMOHR!!! What do you think of this?! Can you believe what he just said???

That is some amazing finnage!!! Beautiful,not only tails,but pectorals too :wub:

some more

3d75b33e57d8acfb838b13f8.jpg

BUTTERFLIES!!!

I miss the ones I used to have. These are definitely my favorite breed. The one I quoted above just blew my mind away.

Oh, were it only that I had the means to accomodate fish again... :cry1

Edited by Man Yu

Gor-gee-yoooosss!!!:o

00742e47744c97106a63e549.jpg

This one is so full of WIN! as well. And given that it's a chocolate/white panda butterfly, you can be assured it'll stay a panda! (as opposed to the inevitably temporary black/white pandas)

some more

3d75b33e57d8acfb838b13f8.jpg

BUTTERFLIES!!!

I miss the ones I used to have. These are definitely my favorite breed. The one I quoted above just blew my mind away.

Oh, were it only that I had the means to accomodate fish again... :cry1

patpat, what a pity

Ryukins next!!

OK. Although the ryukin pics,which i download,are not as many as the other breeds

Ryukins next!!

Ryukins are coming~

edccf45812a6539a800a18e7.jpg

2007102112492437474.jpg

2007102112565158547.jpg

2007102112565166966.jpg

Edited by from china

Oh my goodness! The one where it's just sitting upright in the hand! :wub:

Edited by Sakura

img_0052_01_132.jpg

Another gor-gee-yoooosssssssss ryukin!Wow.gif