Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
colourshadow

Beautiful Goldfish

Those crown pearscale pics are making me rethink only keeping tiku pearlscales. If I could find crown pearlies like THOSE, I'd have them in a heartbeat!

Keep the pearlscale pictures coming!! They are my all time favorite kind of goldfish! :)

ohhh so pretty! :heart:heart:heart

thank you for sharing!

Keep the pearlscale pictures coming!! They are my all time favorite kind of goldfish! :)

commission accepted

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

and an oranda

6.jpg

I sometimes see the pearlies as a fish carrying a tomato.wacko.gif

I like that oranda!:o

I sometimes see the pearlies as a fish carrying a tomato.wacko.gif

I like that oranda!:o

haha,how funny. Big head and round body make them being not comfortable, i guess.

U always on line,bro

Edited by from china

I'm always online during the day and before sleeping time at night.lol Not much during weekends though when I am busy with some things.

I don't find it comfy either but who knows how the fish feels.lol If only they can talk.;)

I'm always online during the day and before sleeping time at night.lol Not much during weekends though when I am busy with some things.

I don't find it comfy either but who knows how the fish feels.lol If only they can talk.;)

?who knows how the fish feels.lol If only they can talk? seems like an adage of China. Can you speak Chinese?

No, I can't. I've never been taught to speak Chinese. Didn't know it was even a Chinese adage.lol

The fish are gorgeous, but I don't understand the photos of the fish being held out of the water, is that at all safe?

The fish are gorgeous, but I don't understand the photos of the fish being held out of the water, is that at all safe?

I think that i doesnt matter if the fish was healthy

There are some special: the one with 3 bubbles,the one with 4 bubbles and the one with dorsal fin

3.jpg

20065110145790261.jpg

78417520.jpg

94_2973_f9c1f4284d8d832.jpg

This is a stunning specimen, nice crisp colors with clear borders between the white background and the orange... but frankly, there's something oddly suggestive about the pattern the orange patches form.

Are you implying this suggestive pattern is similar to what was done to jikins as they alleged, Man Yu? That is what I was thinking when you pointed that out.

Are you implying this suggestive pattern is similar to what was done to jikins as they alleged, Man Yu? That is what I was thinking when you pointed that out.

I was honestly thinking something more lewd, but maybe that's where my mind goes?

I don't think this is a "created" pattern...if only because the pectoral fins also have orange streaks in the middle. Fin color can't be created or tweaked, can it? I understand how they do it with the body...but fins?

No, it has nothing to do with being lewd or any lewd acts. I was thinking of the claims by some sites jikins had their scales plucked selectively to retain only the white and red colors in fixed patterns. I was wondering if Man Yu was stressing this point.

Ok,not to rain on anyone's parade,BUT,I think it's just awful-what they do to these fish :cry1 I think the bubbles are mean and cruel,and now,there's talk about plucking scales?OMG,It's inhumane,and I'd like to see a few of the breeders w/ their tear ducts so swollen that all they can do is look up,and have to carry around big bubbles on their faces!!!Sorry about the rant,but it's the 1 thing,that I know about anyway,that really chaps my butt in gf keeping :yikes

Haha, I too think that Man Yu might have been stressing a more so-called "lewd" point. :lol1

94_2973_f9c1f4284d8d832.jpg

This is a stunning specimen, nice crisp colors with clear borders between the white background and the orange... but frankly, there's something oddly suggestive about the pattern the orange patches form.

I have never owned the idea that this fish is affected before. But maybe you are right,cause i haven't seen this fish personally. I just download the pics. And i heard of plucking scales in Japan, inhuman behaviors like that. I won't buy those fish. I hope the curel things will be ceased.

Ok,not to rain on anyone's parade,BUT,I think it's just awful-what they do to these fish cry3.gif I think the bubbles are mean and cruel,and now,there's talk about plucking scales?OMG,It's inhumane,and I'd like to see a few of the breeders w/ their tear ducts so swollen that all they can do is look up,and have to carry around big bubbles on their faces!!!Sorry about the rant,but it's the 1 thing,that I know about anyway,that really chaps my butt in gf keeping yikes.gif

Our very own database of jikins. I could care less if the jikin is not the standard red-and-white. Jikins of any color is just as beautiful as what they considered to be standard variety. See my reasons below further influenced by my findings.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/JIKIN.html

I guess it's confirmed they do pluck the scales in jikins to get the fixed color patterns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jikin

The jikin may not be born with this coloration; instead, the skin's white pigmentation is occasionally produced artificially by removing the red scales when the fish still young. This is usually done at about three months by either plucking off any red scales on the body with the use of tweezers or by bleaching with oxalic acid.

http://www.exoticgoldfish.net/breeds-jikin.html

Unlike the Wakin, there are very exacting standards for the color patterns of Jikin, and so they are rare and expensive. Since the color pattern is so difficult to achieve, breeders often "cheat" by manually renmoving red scales that dont fit the pattern. In Japan this is not considered "cheating", since all that matters is what the final product looks like. It is sort of like a fish version of cosmetic surgery. The removed scales will not grow back, so the new pattern will be permanent.

i saw the "lewd" pattern your speaking of as soon as i looked at the fish its kinda funny but im dirty minded like that ;)

Haha, I too think that Man Yu might have been stressing a more so-called "lewd" point. hah.gif

rofl3.gifrofl3.gif

Yes, the term "suggestive" could have been double-edged depending on what context it is used.

Ok,not to rain on anyone's parade,BUT,I think it's just awful-what they do to these fish cry3.gif I think the bubbles are mean and cruel,and now,there's talk about plucking scales?OMG,It's inhumane,and I'd like to see a few of the breeders w/ their tear ducts so swollen that all they can do is look up,and have to carry around big bubbles on their faces!!!Sorry about the rant,but it's the 1 thing,that I know about anyway,that really chaps my butt in gf keeping yikes.gif

Our very own database of jikins. I could care less if the jikin is not the standard red-and-white. Jikins of any color is just as beautiful as what they considered to be standard variety. See my reasons below further influenced by my findings.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/JIKIN.html

I guess it's confirmed they do pluck the scales in jikins to get the fixed color patterns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jikin

The jikin may not be born with this coloration; instead, the skin's white pigmentation is occasionally produced artificially by removing the red scales when the fish still young. This is usually done at about three months by either plucking off any red scales on the body with the use of tweezers or by bleaching with oxalic acid.

http://www.exoticgoldfish.net/breeds-jikin.html

Unlike the Wakin, there are very exacting standards for the color patterns of Jikin, and so they are rare and expensive. Since the color pattern is so difficult to achieve, breeders often "cheat" by manually renmoving red scales that dont fit the pattern. In Japan this is not considered "cheating", since all that matters is what the final product looks like. It is sort of like a fish version of cosmetic surgery. The removed scales will not grow back, so the new pattern will be permanent.

good information!