Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
clweddell

Would You Ever?

Oh god...i paid 75 for bartleby and he came with a bad bacterial infection! 500 bucks huh...if i was rich and 500 dollars was chump change then maybe! There are some awesome fish on ebay from this seller here in florida and the orandas are $200+ and they are 20 min away from me for local pick up and i couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a fish!

Oh god...i paid 75 for bartleby and he came with a bad bacterial infection! 500 bucks huh...if i was rich and 500 dollars was chump change then maybe! There are some awesome fish on ebay from this seller here in florida and the orandas are $200+ and they are 20 min away from me for local pick up and i couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a fish!

Oh? What seller is this? You have piqued my interest MM. Not that I really need anymore fish..... :whatjust:

I didn't remember how much you paid for Bartleby, MrsMohr, but now that I did...my heart aches again for you and poor Bartleby.cry3.gif I've witnessed what you and him had gone through. It's deja vu for me sometimes to think back of the past painful memories.

Hmmmm. I agree with MrsMohr -- if I was so rich that $500 was like chump change, then yeah, I would totally get a $500 fish. And I probably wouldn't be paranoid while caring for it because, after all, I'd be a multimillionaire and I could just get another $500 fish if something went wrong.

And of course, I'd do the gigantic built-in room-sized goldie tank that devilduck mentioned. Oh, and a personal "goldfish valet," a full-time employee who would monitor the tank levels and perform daily water changes. Only the best for my fish, baby, if I'm filthy rich.

I'd also feed the homeless, blah blah blah. But dang, my fish would be HOOKED UP.

But dang, my fish would be HOOKED UP.

:rofl

I'm w/ Jayne,I've got a few very close to $500.00,and would pay that in a :heart for the right fish. But,my new tank and it's inhabitants have my bank account singing the blues :cry1 And,w/ these fish,in this tank-I would most happily add a new $500.00 beauty :wub:

I'm w/ Jayne,I've got a few very close to $500.00,and would pay that in a :heart for the right fish. But,my new tank and it's inhabitants have my bank account singing the blues :cry1 And,w/ these fish,in this tank-I would most happily add a new $500.00 beauty :wub:

Yah-you have dropped some coin on yours, haven't you? And you do have GORGEOUS babies! I did think as I was looking at some of the high priced golds that maybe you do have to pay for perfection......

If it was the right fish at the right time, definitely. I've just come off a year-long shopping spree and I'm broke, and I've only got 4 months of fish-keeping experience, so this would not be the right time, hee-hee!! And if I saved up tip-money for it, hubby wouldn't care, it would just reinforce his belief that I'm nuts!!

I know mrs mohr and lupin will back me up on this but maybe on a heart stopping Panda Oranda :heart:heart:heart:heart

I know mrs mohr and lupin will back me up on this but maybe on a heart stopping Panda Oranda heartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gif

LOL! For $500, that panda oranda better come with a certificate that guarantees it won't lose its black color.fish.gif

GunbunnyJ: Bartleby came from Rain Garden...when i contacted steve and let him know that the fish was bottom sitting and still had the pink sore on his cheek after a week of having him...the very next day when i checked my email he had refunded me the entire purchase price as well as shipping without me even asking.

Lupin: I KKKNNNOOOWWWW it was awful...I felt helpless to do anything for him...and then the tank disaster....what a mess!

Haha fantail girl...i'm sure if i was to spend 500 bucks on a fish i WOULD in fact be an oranda of some sort!!! But i agree with ranchudressing....if it was a panda it better be garunteed to stay a panda lmao!

If I were very rich I think I might, and I mean "I can buy twenty cars and call it chump change" rich, otherwise I don't think I would.

I'd have to say No! I was contemplating buying online but the $59 shipping seemed a bit much to me!!

GunbunnyJ: Bartleby came from Rain Garden...when i contacted steve and let him know that the fish was bottom sitting and still had the pink sore on his cheek after a week of having him...the very next day when i checked my email he had refunded me the entire purchase price as well as shipping without me even asking.

Lupin: I KKKNNNOOOWWWW it was awful...I felt helpless to do anything for him...and then the tank disaster....what a mess!

Haha fantail girl...i'm sure if i was to spend 500 bucks on a fish i WOULD in fact be an oranda of some sort!!! But i agree with ranchudressing....if it was a panda it better be garunteed to stay a panda lmao!

I was referring to the ebay seller you were talking about. It was just interesting to know where a breeder might be around here. I know where there's one in Homestead but that's freakin' far away.