Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FantailGirl

Raingarden Babies

I know he purges them for two days before he ships....my water was COLD too-but they are happier warmer!!! They were bottom guys too for a little while.....I am sure he will be fine! PICS!

Okay okay, here's a few pics. Hope she perks up soon :(

Picture from RG

10months.jpg

Pictures at home

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

Edited by Sakura

See how the edges of her fins look ragged? :( Looks like a female crowntail betta's fins! Is there something wrong with her? She seems really sweet already. :)

ooohh-I like her....she looks TINY! How big is she? She is really pretty!!! Congrats!!!! Do you love her? :heart

CO, they look GREAT! I'm glad they arrived safely and are doing OK for you! :Congrats:

You can't go wrong with Steve and his goldies! ;)

-Dennis

Hey Sakura, your RG Telescope looks great! Hmmm, looking at your pic her fins don't seem to be too ragged but it's hard to tell. I received three from RG a few weeks ago and they seem to be doing fine. Snow is my white telescope and her fins seemed to be OK when she arrived. If they were frayed a bit when she arrived I think that would be from being inside the shipping bag during transit. Once she becomes comfortable I think that should clear up soon IMO.

:Congrats:

-Dennis

lol the pics do make her look a little small-ish! She's about 4 inches nose to the end of the tail, so she's my largest fish but Mowgli is a very close second. She's worrying me with her behavior right now. She was bottom sitting the first four hours and now she's swimming frantically and gulping a lot (not at the surface). aaaahhh :krazy:

When are you going to Prazi yours Chandra? I thought they were all inspected for parasites though...

Edit: Thanks Dennis! You are probably right about the ragged fins clearing up in time. I just worry! lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Sakura

She is a beauty. I am sure the white poo is just stress from the trip. I wouldn't worry about that. Are you keeping the tank covered to reduce the stress for a while?

IMG_3936.jpg

Here are the triplets!!! Aren't they cute? I think I am good on orange!!!

I keep checking back. I am really looking forward to more pics of these little guys!!

Everyone's new babies are gorgeous, I'm very jealous!

Sakura-

I thought I would wait until tomorrow and see how they are doing...give them time to settle in a bit. Sometime this weekend do the salt and prazi...one of mine has a torn fin too, but so far that is all. I think Steve has healthy fish in general....but always a good idea to do the QT routine.....how is she doing now?

Steph-I will more up tomorrow.....they are pretty dang cute-now, names!

She's acting a little better now, but still bottom sitting. Guess I'll just have to watch carefully (how could I not?! lol) and see how she does. :)

She's so cute ^_^ Can't wait till she gets some confidence in her new home. Picking a name is almost harder than getting everything perfectly set up for them, ahh! lol For now she just goes by "cute little fishie" hahaha Can't wait to hear the names of yours and also Stephanie's. They're all so cute!

Didn't MrsMohr get some new fish too?! Where are they?!?! MrsMohr show us your fish!! :D

Hi Sakura,

That's quite a beautiful fish you have.:) Yes, it is possible that the white poop is a result from stress. Please be patient and closely monitor her. You can treat her with prazi and 0.1% salt right now if you haven't yet. This is just a precaution. I get some of my goldfish from breeders and there is no complete guarantee they would be parasite-free. It is very difficult for them to monitor each fish for such so it is up to us to do anything responsibly once they fall under our responsibility. The breeders can only do so much with thousands of stocks under their wings.:)

Again, be patient, hun.heartpump.gif

Steph, what a very beautiful shukin you finally got! I wish I could have one.lol I just haven't found one at the moment. It would also be nice if the Phoenix eggfish are commonly available.:(

Chandra, your triplet of ranchus are quite cute.heartpump.gif I can see these having quite a lot of potential once they fatten up a bit.

Thanks for the advice Lupin. I just did a water change and she perked right up, guess that's all she needed :) It's such a good thing I bought a Python in preparation for this fish!

Sure is nice to see all of these new RG goldies coming in! Geesh it's only been a few weeks and I'm thinking of going back again???? lol :blink:

:Congrats:

-Dennis

finally pics of my new raingarden babies TADA both orandas all our raingarden fish are named in hawaiian

this one is mine his name is Noelani rain it means A heavenly mist

5030a.jpg

My moms Kalani means the heaven

momfish-1.jpg

That's wonderful to hear, Sakura.:) You may prazi her if you wish. It's safe and is good as a precaution.heartpump.gif

FG, those are some lovely orandas!exactly.gif I need to get dibs on more orandas.lmao

FG I saw that orange and white oranda on the website and thought it was so cute! That's so neat that your mom is into goldfish keeping too. :)

FG awesome goldies you got there! Glad they arrived safely! :Congrats:

-Dennis

FantailGirl did you get yours yesterday too? I want to see more pics!!!! They are gorgeous! :heart

Fan-that orange and white is so so cute...the choco is too. I love those both!

Here are more o' mine!

IMG_3917.jpg I like the white on this face!

IMG_3924.jpg I like the belly.

IMG_3928.jpg I need better ones of the all orange one.....they are so cute together....

They are all busy this morning, telling me they should get a bigger tank and just call it good!!!

Edited by CO_Goldies

Mine dont arrive until this coming friday i just paid for shipping yesterday

so now ya'll get to wait with me there both about 3 and a half inchs long so there little

FG Geesh where the heck did I come up with yours arrived? :oops:

Oh my gosh the trio is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations again! :heart:heart:heart:heart:heart Any names yet?

Edited by Anielynn

Uh oh! Time to post here!

This one is Alfred, my favorite angry looking Oranda

5627a.jpg

This one is Ludwig my favorite Ranchu baby

2.jpg

:rofl They're both such sweet fish and I'm happy to have gotten them :D

Edited by Tay