Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
aihsela

Do Goldfish Make "Bubblenests"?

I'm treating for ich with salt and heat. I got my new heater today and upped their temp to 82. I went to grab some water for testing just now and noticed Halloweenie making a bubblenest. It wasn't from aeration..you could tell it had "spit" with it lol. Just wondering if this was normal?

No, I don't think so. Labyrinth fish do but I've never heard of goldfish doing that.

I got a couple pics. Uploading now. Also tried..key word, to get pics of that little fuzzy white spot I keep telling you guys about.

DSCF1714.jpg

DSCF1708.jpg

Here they are. I'm heading now to post in my other diagnosis thread to see if anyone can see the fuzzy white spot.

maybe he just likes making bubbles lol :D

He chases around my Octospot (whom I'm thinking is a female) so i was just curious if what he was doing was an act of courtship :).

Exactly what a betta would have done except it's not really how goldfish do it. Do you have some soft plants for them to spawn about?

Not really...I did but now I just have a huge cave rock and some mopi wood. Halloweenie seems too small to me to be able to breed but what do I know lol.

It's possible for fish his size to breed especially if they begin to exhibit breeding symptoms particularly tubercles. You never can tell their age just by their size. I'm not saying though his bubblenesting behavior is the point why I was suspecting probable spawning behavior but when you mentioned he was chasing Octospot, that was it. Soft plants may be needed as a precaution. They sometimes ram the ladies a little harder to the hard surfaces which can injure them.

Guest Kelsang

DSCF1714.jpg

DSCF1708.jpg

Here they are. I'm heading now to post in my other diagnosis thread to see if anyone can see the fuzzy white spot.

He is so cute!

They sometimes ram the ladies a little harder to the hard surfaces which can injure them.

Hahahahahahahaha...I'm sorry, I have a dirty mind...hahahahahahahahaa!

Thanks Kelsang!

Keep it family oriented, hun or Koko will make you an outcast to The Late Night Cafe forum.rofl3.gif

You said it..I just laughed at it is all :P LOL. Oh, BTW, I posted a vid of Halloweenie's spot.