Sign in to follow this  
dogsbykat

"New" Tank Stand Before And After

15 posts in this topic

My 20 gal looks TINY on it! It's begging for a 50 gal :D Here's my dresser before, and my tank stand after!!

029.jpg005.jpg

Cool! I'd fit a larger tank there for sure! Gotta need a thicker plywood board setting and styrofoam to keep the weight evenly without risk of the drawers sagging.

No worries there, Lupin, it's solid oak, and there's 2 layers of it: one across the top of the drawers and the top piece. It also has a 2 inch support running front to back. My parents had the bedroom set custom made in '82 before furniture all became cardboard! The top part used to be my dad's stereo cabinet, complete with slots for records.

Impressive! So do you plan to definitely put a large tank there?

Probably 40 or 50 gal, hopefully by spring (my no-smoking $). I still need my blue oranda and my panda moor or oranda,and that would also leave me space for 1 more "dream fish", at a later date! Calliope is loving her new location, busier area and she's zoom-zoomin' everywhere!!

That's a 20 gallon??? That means it's nearly as big as my tank which is a metre long...how big is that dresser??? The dresser dwarfs it so much it looks like a 10 gallon, obviously your tank is just not big enough and you should get a bigger one for the sake of your poor goldies :rofl

The dresser is HUGE! That's why we wanted it out of our bedroom, we want a king size bed and it wasn't happening with this one in there! We just hated to get rid of it b/c it was from my parents, so this was perfect. My 20 gal is 24 in long and the top of the stand is 44 in, so it looks pretty small!

Who needs dressers anyway!? Its a perfect tank stand! But like you already said, it is crying out for a larger tank!!! :exactly

And we still have no shortage of drawer space...This was the SMALL dresser of the set, the other one has 9 drawers and a huge mirror. If I ever manage to convince hubby we don't need that one, it could easily fit a 100 gal ;)

It's easy. Sort the clothes and give away to charity the unused ones. Then you can get rid of the dresser but my other side (knack for collecting clothes) is telling me I don't want to do it if I end up in your situation. Perhaps if it were me, I'd just shove out the other furnitures and put the dresser in their places and still have the 100g tank.rofl3.gif

Hubs would be quite upset if I donated the clothes in the big dresser...Mostly his :rofl Although, after he suggested doing a tropical tank instead of another goldie tank.....

Great news! Christmas $ will pay for the tank, just need to save up for hood and filter :D

Wow cool! Lots of luck convincing your hubby.lol