Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Halibut

My Favorite Store Fails At Fishie Ethics...

Fish Bowl Bookends

Despite their abundance of other eco friendly products, they disappoint me here. I can't even imagine how scared a little fish would be on a dark bookshelf in a little half jar... :cry

UGH. I just don't get it. Even if someone knows absolutely positively NOTHING about fish, I still don't understand how you could look at those little tiny containers and think that ANYTHING could live a happy life in there. I mean, I don't know much about guinea pigs and their needs, but I wouldn't think it was OK to keep one in a shoebox.

RD, I kept guinea pigs before. These ones get too big to fit in a shoebox. It's similar to stuffing a goldfish in a 2 gallon fishbowl.

I don't mind keeping this one though.:P I like that bowl shape. So appealing that I want to put it inside my tank with a few gemstones and the fish can swim into it if they want.rolleyes.gif

http://www.target.com/Glass-Fish-Bowl-Medium/dp/B0018BUVYA/ref=sc_ri_2/178-0024378-5199906

Good idea Lupin!!

I actually think, Gigi, if that bowl I mentioned had a bit of dome inside it, it will be beneficial to buoyancy-challenged goldies. Instead of floating at the surface with bellies exposed above water level and potentially infecting it, they can wedge themselves inside the dome of that bowl.:)

RD, I kept guinea pigs before. These ones get too big to fit in a shoebox. It's similar to stuffing a goldfish in a 2 gallon fishbowl.

I don't mind keeping this one though.:P I like that bowl shape. So appealing that I want to put it inside my tank with a few gemstones and the fish can swim into it if they want.rolleyes.gif

http://www.target.co...0024378-5199906

Put in some brightly colored gravel, an air stone, and it would be so cool! :D

Edited by brandon

http://www.target.co...0024378-5199906

If I had that I think I'd use it to grow plants or herbs, I think it'd make an awesome planter!