Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
clone702008

Fancy Tail Types

I know there are three kinds of tails types fancy can have but I can't seem to find pics of cherry blossom tail...I know how three tail and four tail looks like so that why I'm interested in finding out the cherry version >.<

I thought Sakura was a colour of goldfish, I've never heard of a sakura tail... maybe Lupin or Trinket can answer this?

As far as I know, sakura does refer to the color. Same with nankins, tanchos, kohaku, bekko, goshiki, etc.

Clone, what are these three fin types you know of? There are a few recognized such as these.

Fringetail

Broadtail/Veiltail

Fantail (short version similar to hibunas)

Ribbontail

There's another one for the tosakins with tapered edges on the ridges and a slight curl forward on both sides but it's not recorded pretty much besides the fact tosas seem recognized in their own right than seeing other breeds sporting the same fins tosas do.

well when I got my ranchu and lionhead, I kinda notice that it's tail was different then the other ranchu I had which was like

^ ^

/|\ / \

/ | \ while my new ranch had something like / \

/ \

| |

so I search it up and it mention how there are ones with three tails one with four tails and some cherry blossom tail? I would provide a link to where I read it but not sure if I am allow or not? but if u search google ranchu four tail u'll see wat I mean >.<

I'm not certain this is what you're talking about (since I can't read the labels hardly at all) but I think this diagram shows the tails you're talking about?

ranchuinfo3.jpg

It shows a four tail, what I assume to be the cherry blossom tail although I've never seen sakura spelled with an 'o', and a three tail.

(By the way, I found this pic via google, it is not mine, it's from someone on a foreign fish forum)

Tosakins? Try that-I am not sure that is what you are looking for....

I'm not certain this is what you're talking about (since I can't read the labels hardly at all) but I think this diagram shows the tails you're talking about?

ranchuinfo3.jpg

It shows a four tail, what I assume to be the cherry blossom tail although I've never seen sakura spelled with an 'o', and a three tail.

(By the way, I found this pic via google, it is not mine, it's from someone on a foreign fish forum)

Those yellow fins seem to be pointing to the anal fins... are those cosidered part of the tail?

I'm pretty sure the yellow coloured fins are the anal fins, but I don't think they're considered part of the tail, I was just using the picture because it shows three different caudal fins.