Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo2210

Gravel Question

Hi everyone! I just recently got an empty 10 gallon tank as an early Christmas gift from my roommate and was wondering how many pounds of gravel I should purchase? I have heard the ratio of 1lb of gravel per gallon, but I wanted your opinions ;)

Personally I think 1lb of gravel per gallon is too much, for a ten gallon I'd go for 5lbs of gravel, basically just enough to cover the bottom, and very easy to clean, but I hate having to gravel vacuum forever so I keep my gravel thin.

I just keep my tanks barebottom. If you like plants, confine them in decorative bowls or pots.:)

I've removed my gravel twice and I'll be staying bare bottom this time. You could probably start with 2.5 lbs for a light layer. I think it's easier to add than remove!

edit: I have a thin layer of large gravel in my betta tank, it'a a 10 gal and I used under 2.5 lbs.

Edited by BuggyBear

Going to add something, different gravels also have different sizes, which is why I needed 5 lbs to cover the entire bottom, depending on how large or small your gravel is will determine how much you need as well.

this is actually great information.

thanks for me as well ! hah