Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Cohazard

I Hand Fed My Golds!

18 posts in this topic

I tried it for the first time last night, only Apollo was brave enough to try. I thought I would be waiting a long time before I would get them to eat from my hands.

Tonight was a lot more successful though! I just held the spirulina pellets between my fingers and Apollo made all the others brave and after a few minutes they all started chowing down and lost the fear of my hand.

Sorry for the low quality, I used my phone to record the clips. I got two clips from different angles, enjoy :)

Edited by Serg

Sorry I couldn't get your links to work! Sounds fun though! ;)

grr, okay think I fixed it try now :)

Is that a red butt?

Is that a red butt?

It's actually a butt-shaped tomato. lol It's the icon for the Fat Bottomed Girl's club. :)

Wow! :D You have lovely fish! Lots of pretty ones :heart ! I have often wanted to try hand feeding but although I totally love my fish I also have a phobia of him! :krazy: I just can't stand the thought of him touching me! When ever I have my hands in the tank to do my water changes or moving plants or stuff I HAVE to wear rubber gloves that come right up to my elbows! I am just wierd!

Yeah it is a red butt! Koko let me have one for admitting that my behind is not petite! ( :lol1 Koko and MrsMohr's fault!) There are a quite few of us "Fat bottomed girls" out there! :)

Is that a red butt?

It's actually a butt-shaped tomato. lol It's the icon for the Fat Bottomed Girl's club. :)

ohh lol this board is fun :)

Here's the second video, I posted the wrong link in the first post:

Wow! :D You have lovely fish! Lots of pretty ones :heart ! I have often wanted to try hand feeding but although I totally love my fish I also have a phobia of him! :krazy: I just can't stand the thought of him touching me! When ever I have my hands in the tank to do my water changes or moving plants or stuff I HAVE to wear rubber gloves that come right up to my elbows! I am just wierd!

Yeah it is a red butt! Koko let me have one for admitting that my behind is not petite! ( :lol1 Koko and MrsMohr's fault!) There are a quite few of us "Fat bottomed girls" out there! :)

lol! nothing wrong with having your own seat cushion, makes almost any chair comfy maybe lol

How could you be scared of a goldfish? haha they bump into you and feel like jello or something I dunno :)

Check out the second video I posted, it's better, I love the way Apollo my white and blue ranchu does a few 'spins' while in my hand lol

He's kinda like an over excited puppy :)

Edited by Serg

I hope my two will be able ti do this one day! They already are learning to come closer to the surface when they see me soaking the food but they're so tiny I guess giant hands are still scary haha

I hope my two will be able ti do this one day! They already are learning to come closer to the surface when they see me soaking the food but they're so tiny I guess giant hands are still scary haha

Yeah probably lol and your two are soooo tiny and uber cuties, I especially like Hiro :)

Yeah probably lol and your two are soooo tiny and uber cuties, I especially like Hiro :)

Hiro is quite the bully, but winston holds his own haha. Your's are really pretty, quite the assortment you have!!

Hand feeding is great fun! My hubby and best friend have both tried it, and giggled like a couple of kids!

Your fish are beautiful!

It looks like they are having loads of fun!!

I've never hand fed my fishies yet, think I'll give it a try soon!! smile.gif

That's soooo cool :) what were you feeding them?I want to try this too :)

Hand feeding is great fun! My hubby and best friend have both tried it, and giggled like a couple of kids!

haha it is fun! especially when they are still small enough to fit in your hand like Apollo, he's so cute when he can't stabilize himself (because of no dorsal fin) so he just spun while eating lol

Your fish are beautiful!

It looks like they are having loads of fun!!

I've never hand fed my fishies yet, think I'll give it a try soon!! smile.gif

Thank you, I think maybe they enjoyed it too, they swam very eagerly to get the food, and it didn't take long for them to lose the fear of my hand. Let me know how it goes for you pigz1

That's soooo cool :) what were you feeding them?I want to try this too :)

I was feeding them 'Algae Grazers' pellets made by HBH. They looove those things, the primary ingredient is spirulina, and it has a fresh smell to it.

NICE!

Now i want Pearl even more! Ugh!!!! :heart:heart:heart:heart:heart She could be a movie star. Lol.

NICE!

Thank you, I wonder how crazy it will be when they're larger lol

Now i want Pearl even more! Ugh!!!! :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart She could be a movie star. Lol.

haha sorry! she is a movie star, well, a youtube star anyways lol

I've been trying to get them to eat from my hand... They are getting more bolder but will still sit a few centimetres away and wait for me to drop it.

I'll keep it up though, so fun to watch your guys! They are beautiful!

And I agree about the excited puppy comment, my ranchu acts the same way! haha :D