Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

Homeland Security?!

I ordered some Java Moss off of a site on EBAY. It was from out of the country (Singapore). But I have ordered from outside of the US before without a hitch so didn't give it a second thought. Well, a month passed!!! I figured it could have come on that well known SLOW BOAT by now!! Then I checked my mail. There was a VERY flat envelope with all kinds of HOMELAND SECURITY tape on it! (Yikes!) I opened it to find a letter that my plants did not come with the proper paperwork & my plants had been DESTROYED!!

My (grown) kids told me ONLY I could have a fish hobby & get HOMELAND SECURITY involved!!!!!!! :unsure:

OMG thats nuts but then cant be too careful these days. One reason why no matter what I send overseas I always make sure right paperwork goes with it.

Edited by Blue

Wish my SELLER had thought like you! I'd have my plants now!!! :doh11: Dern I was really looking forward to it too!!

Well that's just crud!!! :doh11:

hehe they must hav though that the moss was drugs

All I can say is DUUUDEE!!

That's crazy that you had to order Java Moss from Singapore at all! My local aquarium club gives away buckets of that stuff for free every month, people grow them like weeds!

Definitely drug moss.

Guest Kelsang

Yeesh, they might not have done thing a decade before :unsure:

That's crazy that you had to order Java Moss from Singapore at all! My local aquarium club gives away buckets of that stuff for free every month, people grow them like weeds!

Definitely drug moss.

And you haven't been sending any our way?! LOL! Th eonly thing keeping me from ordering plants is that most come from singapore, hong kong, etc. I always worry about customs and all that.

Aubree, I bet your local aquarium club does the same thing! But if you REALLY want, I'll fill an envelope full of java moss just for you ;)

Lol. Sorry to laugh but I thought the same thing as your kids. Only Jeanna :heart

Well I know its really strict. I was stopped by customs a few weeks ago. A beagle sniffed me down at JFK airport and the tiny salad in my bag was inspected. The man told me its law that all plant/vegetable/fruit matter is destroyed soon as it enters the country unless it has its own quarantine papers. Very strict.

Well..........who'll send me some????? Of course I am ALREADY on the HOMELAND SECURITY list!! LOL!!