Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

New Babies!

I went to Petyouknowwhat & found 3 new babies! So far 2 of them are keeping their names a secret. One seems to be named Teenie Weenie!

Help me come up with their names!! I think they are baby Ryukins...what do you think. (They were CLEARLY marked Black Moors!!!!!) I had to tell the girl that they weren't Black Moors....I showed her actual Black Moors. The fish I got were on sale so I saved a few bucks AND educated the salesgirl too!!

Fish-012.jpg

Fish-020.jpg

Here's Teenie Weenie! (Maybe he'll become TW later!)

Fish-027.jpg

Fish-026.jpg

I think TW is a tiny Fantail.

They're fantastic! Black Moors :rofl Glad you could spread some education! Did you get your dragon at Petyouknowwhat? I think I was looking at the same one.

Pretty babies!!! Congratulations! :D

aww what beautiful babys! Yea i find myself knowing more than the people who work there on a regular basis haha

Yep, I got the Dragon at Petnotsosmart! My Bristlenose Plecos use it for their breeding cave!!

:doh11: Duh! Double Post!! Edited by Jeana727

Wow those are quite some black moores! LOL! They look like a Ryukin mixed with a fantail to me.. or maybe once they get older they will look more like Ryukins. ;)

I love them they are super cut....petNOTsmart hahahhahahahahahajtmuch.gif

I went to the above named store and asked from a flukes treatment hes like...never heard of it and all fish from there have died darn store

My babies are doing well. I am still undecided on names....I need help. Kinda leaning towards Jack & Jill for the two that MUST be related! The smaller one is probably Teenie Weenie.....TW for short! TW mostly stays in the upper back corner. He MAY be a bit intimidated by the other goldies. Hopefully he'll start exploring soon. The other 2 are meandering all over the place!

It's SO fun to have babies to watch grow again!!! :heart

I'm kinda thinkin' about Jack & Jill for these two............what'd ya'll think?

112909-001.jpg

And here's Teenie Weenie in his corner!

112909-004.jpg

Edited by Jeana727

Jack and Jill...such cute names. It reminds me of the nursery rhymes I used to read.;)

But you don't really expect every pet store especially chain stores to know extensively all the needed information, even basics. Nobody outside the hobby would know what "cycling" means unless you mention "nitrogen cycle" in which case a few people who actually studied science would immediately understand that process but not where aquaria are concerned where they seem to forget even nitrogen cycle takes place there.

Well, I am sad to say that Teenie Weenie passed away. I guess he wasn't well all alone, :( , he never really swam around. Just stayed in his corner. Poor lil' guy!

The other 2 are getting along fine!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, hun.:(

Aaaww how sweet, they are sooo small!

Their colours are lovely!

I'm sorry that Teenie Weenie passed away sad.gif

Oh no, you lost Teenie Weenie! I was smiling all the way through reading this thread, and then BAM. I'm so sorry for your loss. TW might have been the smallest goldfish I've ever seen anyone on this board own!

I think Jack and Jill are lovely names for the other two. They totally look like ryukins to me -- I bet they surprise you with nice big humps as they grow! Congratulations!

Well shoot. Sorry about Teeny. At least he got to live out of the pet store a while. You did a good thing. Rest in peace Teeny Weenie.

Those are the most colorful black moors I've ever saw in my life. Sorry for the loss :( But Jack and Jill, yeah! A real winner :D

Awh I'm sorry about TW :[ I'm sure he was thankful for being in a real home, even if it was for a short amount of time.

Ya'll are SO sweet! Thanks!

I ALMOST didn't get Teenie Weenie, but he was SO small I told the girl to scoop him up. I am glad I did. He got to swim in GOOD water for a little while!

Jack & Jill are still doing GREAT! They aren't a bit intimidated by the "whales"! When I put food in the tank they are right in there getting their fair share!!

I REALLY hope they do well, I am enjoying little babies buzzing around the tank! :fishtank:

So sorry about Teenie :cry1 I really love tiny fish. I hope Jack and Jill are still well. I bought my latest batch of 3 goldfish from the same big box pet store. Only one is still living (and I hope doing well).

Sorry to hear you lost TW :( But happy to hear Jack & Jill(great names) are doing well :) Love to see a pic of your whole tank including the whales (LOL)

Here's one FULL TANK shot. See if you can find lil' Jack & Jill in there swimming with Whales!

112909-022.jpg

One is right near the driftwood the other is up to the very top of the water level!

I'll get some better pics this evening.....gotta go to work!

Edited by Jeana727

I love it ;) such a big world for your new little ones :)Love your Tank!!!

Hey, you can also see Junior's "apartment! Top left! (Jr is my baby Bristlenose Pleco!)