Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest secuono

55G 6 Golds ^.^

Only one? Dojo's like to be in at least pairs or more. But since your tank is overstocked I would not get more.

Dojo's are so much fun your going to love it.

PS next time you think you have ick or fungus just use salt according to the directions on the box. Much easier on the fish.

Edited by Hidr

Guest secuono

My bf got it and a few other fish yesterday, they are expensive at $10 a fish.... I have a 40 or a 50g filter and a 60g filter in the Golds tank, might get another 65g filter also, that should help, no? I do 20-30qt w/c everyday also. They are all growing and active so they don't seem to have an issue with tank size, they are also all small under 4in. I read both that golds produce a lot of ammonia and that they don't. With the w/c I do, the levels are always 0.0.10.

2 new Platy for my 55 livebearer tank. 2 xray tetra making it 8 and 2 sizzortail rasboras for my 120 warmwater tank.

Guest RedFern

Well here's the thing, GF grow alot and in the future, (even if they're tiny now) will need a bigger tank :exactly . I know it's hard to imagine since I own 3 GF's who are very small and have so much space in my tank, however they will outgrow their tank and then you'll either be forced to upgrade or lose some of them. I hope that you see that everyone here is trying to help you out so you don't end up losing one of your beautiful GF :flowers

Guest secuono

Ok, if you guys read the rest of the post, you would know that I plan on upgrading to a 100g if I can find one when I have the $ or into a pond.

We are all aware of your plans to upgrade your tank to a 100 gallon when you get some more cash flow going, which is super awesome! But maybe you should hold off from getting anymore fish until you can afford the upgrade! If you're spending $10 roughly on fish if you just hold off from buying 15 fish that would buy your bigger tank for you:)

Guest secuono

Like I said, my bf bought me the fishes, I didn't know about them until he came home with them in hand.

Our Dojo is PINK, isnt that cool!? Mostly pink with a white belly and a tiny amount of yellow on top of the head. I'm going to call 'her' either Pink Lemonade or Cotton Candy, which is better??

Guest secuono

I don't mean to keep b*tching about the whole too many fish for my tank size thing, but there are other people on this forum with 50-65g tanks and they have anywhere from 5-7 golds in their tanks and no one has said a single word about their stocking. One person has a 60g I believe with 7 golds...

So everyone, please stop mentioning I can't/shouldn't/have too much or anything like that about my tank.

I understand they will grow 6in and others to even 12in and I also understand I will need a much larger tank for them when they do start getting to medium size.

Guest secuono

Pink Dojo Loach, "Pinky/Cotton Candy/Pink Lemonade".

DSCN4125m.jpg

DSCN4243m.jpg

DSCN4253m.jpg

Miss Ryukin.

DSCN4132m.jpg

Mr. Comet.

DSCN4129m.jpg

Baby MilkyWay.

DSCN4133m.jpg

Common/Comet 1.

DSCN4134m.jpg

Common/Comet 2.

DSCN4147m.jpg

Mr. Shuby.

DSCN4138m.jpg

Full tank with 7 groups of plants, my 'Water Puppies' don't eat plants unless it's Riccia. ^.^

DSCN4150m.jpg

I don't mean to keep b*tching about the whole too many fish for my tank size thing, but there are other people on this forum with 50-65g tanks and they have anywhere from 5-7 golds in their tanks and no one has said a single word about their stocking. One person has a 60g I believe with 7 golds...

So everyone, please stop mentioning I can't/shouldn't/have too much or anything like that about my tank.

I understand they will grow 6in and others to even 12in and I also understand I will need a much larger tank for them when they do start getting to medium size.

Hi, I just think that everyone here just wants to help you get the best out of the goldfish you already have! I know how hard it is to resist a cute fishy!

Guest secuono

Yea, I saw a round metal tub, 6ft across and 2ft deep, how many gallons? It was $175 I think, worth it?? I would love to have that so I can buy a few more golds for it....^.^

Well it would depend on the Metal first..... Since there is only two dimensions its hard to say how many gallons it is....

Im sorry that you feel like your being attacked, but I just see that the kind and caring members of this forum are worried about your fish. i know you say you have money issues and so do I, i need another filter but I cant efford it, be hey im not going to get more fish and if I was in your situation i would see if I could get a rubber maid container with an air stone...I mean if BF is going to buy a fish, maybe you can hint to him you need a air stone or a bigger tank ...ext....

Everyone is just trying to help...

As for others you think that havent been talked to about the amount of fish in there tank thing, everyone gets a talk to and either listens and works on it or ............

Guest secuono

Tank is 425 gallons but its metal so I hear it's dangerous to fish.

Any really really cheap pond liners out there, 20ft by 20ft at least??

Did you breed these ones? How come the water is so green?

I have two dojo's just like yours they are albino's. Yep they are very active.

Guest secuono

Green water? Wtf?? What are you taking about?

nothing is green except the plants. There is a black background that may look an odd color because my cam doesn't always show true colors, but that's about it.

I didn't breed them. I only breed Livebearers.

Guest secuono

I'm thinking of moving my Livebearers into my 120g and moving my 3 ryukin/fantails into their own 55g. the 4 common, comet and shubunkin will stay in the original 55g.

Either way, we are hoping to build a pond this spring, and if we do make it, they will be going in there.

DSCN4458m.jpg

DSCN4481m.jpg

DSCN4530m.jpg

DSCN4442m.jpg

DSCN4462m.jpg

DSCN4437m.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Guest secuono

Well we opted to return the little fish and get another. This new one is far more active. Pics in a sec!