Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Squik

Ammonia For Cycling

Where can I get ammonia for cycling? Everyone looks at me strange when I ask for it, and some people have even mentioned that you can no longer buy it here as it's classified as an ingredient for bomb-making? I saw it yeeeeeears ago on supermarket shelves, but it seems to have disappeared.

Can anyone give me a place and brand names to look out for?

Yeah it's like that in the UK too - I was told it was a restricted substance and couldn't get it anywhere. I ended up just feeding the tank with goldfish food and it worked :)

Maybe you could get it online?

Found it!

www.fishlesscycling.com

Yippee!!!!

Mine is due in the mail on Friday :bingo:

This is probably at bit late but i am currently using BLACK & GOLD coudly ammonia, I was told this is a safe product to use as black and gold are too stingy to add soap...

It also tells you on the packet to add detergent :whatjust::rolleyes:

It's working so far!!

If ever you need some Ammonchlor... let me know. You only use a teaspoon basically to do 90 litres... and they give you enough to do 5000 litres! The stuff is great and colpetely safe. Just make sure you do a 100% water change with the B&G stuff... may have some nasties in there :)

If ever you need some Ammonchlor... let me know. You only use a teaspoon basically to do 90 litres... and they give you enough to do 5000 litres! The stuff is great and colpetely safe. Just make sure you do a 100% water change with the B&G stuff... may have some nasties in there :)

I can safely recommend B&G, cycled my tank in no time, 100% water change, fish have been happily in the tank for 2 months now :)

Ammonia is an ingredient for bomb making??? :blink: I better hide that stuff from my psycho cat.

Hi guys...sorry for starting up this old thread again.

But I just wanted to inform any aussies looking for ammonia that you can get them at your local pharmacy. I got mine from priceline as long as you explain to them what you will be using it for and they were nice enough to make some for me :clapping: . It is pretty strong (35%-40% I think) and also a bit expensive and you only get a small bottle of it (50ml) and some safety instructions.