Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benandjamie22

My Hubby'S Fish Tank

I guess I've just been pretty lucky in my LFS having good stock at the moment, they've even had blue orandas! And they don't seem to be selling which is more surprising. I guess everyone wants the tiny babies from the cheap tank, the blue is about 3-4 inches long with a price tag to match. They've got some pretty well wenned orandas and some nice ryukins, again bigger, some of them have been there a while, at least two weeks and are starting to look a bit down and lethargic, I would too in a shop tank, but it says a lot that they've even lasted that long in a shop tank. I really hope they don't die just from being there too long, I really wish I had space for another fishie but I'm overstocked already :( Gonna get a 55 gallon next summer and save those last two slots for some really special fish. Or just leave it with three and make them grow huge! :D :D :D

What happened to Ben's oranda? He has a ranchu with Hermies at the moment doesn't he? Save me from reading the 'archives'!

lol the oranda that ben got was very lethargic when we got him home and hermies was picking at him b/c of it...we returned him to the store just a few days later.

Ug i haven't found my diamond in the rough fish store yet:( We are going to tampa today to run an errand for my dad so we are going to explore some more...wish me luck!

Oh that sounds like fun! Good luck!!

I kkknnooowww i'm super excited about it. I've been in kind of a funk since we got to FL with all of my fish drama and it turned out that the job that i moved down here for wasn't ready for me. I waited an entire month and it still wasn't ready...so here i am trying to find a job in this horrible economy so it's quite mind numbing for me right now. Today should be a good day...I love looking around at unexplored pet stores I really hope that i find a store that has a good variety of fish...and healthy or even semi-healthy. I did find one last weekend that had quite a selection of fish but they were teeny tiny fish that indica could eat if he wanted too lol!!!

I kkknnooowww i'm super excited about it. I've been in kind of a funk since we got to FL with all of my fish drama and it turned out that the job that i moved down here for wasn't ready for me. I waited an entire month and it still wasn't ready...so here i am trying to find a job in this horrible economy so it's quite mind numbing for me right now.

Hey hunny chin up!!!! ;) I know you have had it rough over the past couple of weeks or so but things are bound to get better for you soon! Good things happen to good people! You deserve it! :)

aaww thanks becks!!

I'm back from my fish store exploration and it sucked....yay lol...p3tsmart was the best place i went!!! My p3tsmart by me sucks but this one had some pretty nice fish:)

So my little Tiny Fish isn't a true chocolate oranda :unsure:

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/010.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/012-2.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/028-1.jpg

I love him whatever he is, and he's such a cutie, he's made it his mission to remove all the bubbles from my plant and filters, but with all the aeration there always seem to be more...

aww he's super cute but for a fish that size to keep his color is pretty slim:(

aww he's super cute but for a fish that size to keep his color is pretty slim:( You never know though he does have a nice color:)

I was just thinking 'I know it's a slim chance he'll keep it, but I like his russet colouring' and it's just hit me that the perfect name for him is Rusty! I'll probably still keep calling him Tiny Fish but his official name shall be Rusty. :D

He's becoming Lord of the tank, he's so independent, and not bothered about whether he's on his own or not whereas the other two are inseparable, if one's feeling ill the other one's there sticking her nose under her ill pal's tail. I'm getting such a soft spot for him :)

well he's super cute and what a great name for him....it's absolutely perfect!!! I love oranda's they have so much personality that's for sure!!!!

Pharoh when he was a pup

tree06.jpg

he looks mean lol!

Yeah dude i saw your post on the "you know you're obsessed" thread.....I totally told you that you were gonna keep that fish!!!!

My fishie is definitely more shiny and bronzey than that.

Pharoh is definitely the perfect name for him, he has that 'you're not the boss of me' look, I'm not sure about the 'I am a god' bit but he definitely looks like The Boss :D

Oh he was the boss hun..Should have known with that look on his face at that age :rofl