Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benandjamie22

My Hubby'S Fish Tank

It's so great that your hubby shares your goldfish passion MrsMohr. My hubby will walk past the tank once in awhile and comment how much bigger my orandas are ... but that's the extent of his involvement hehe. He did buy the entire set up for me so I'm content with that :)

TD has the Guppy bite....he loves his little guppies..

all you have to do is get him bit by a goldfish and you will be all set!!!!

Oh he got Bit all right. Pharoh years ago bit him so hard he had a dime sized hicky on his arm for a day :rofl

OMG your fish was actually being mean to TD that's insane!

Oh he got Bit all right. Pharoh years ago bit him so hard he had a dime sized hicky on his arm for a day rofl3.gif

Haha that's awesome jtmuch.gif I had no idea goldfish could do that, mine only ever give me an exploratory peck and chase my fingers round the top of the tank

I know me too....that fish must have been pretty mad lol! god i can't imagine what it would do if indica bit me like that...he's got a HUGE mouth!

Speaking of Indica, when you gonna put some pics up of your recovering fishies??? We want to see them now they're doing ok again after all the bad news you put us through! :D

lol the rubbermaid container they are in is like a beige color so i could only get some top view pics and you will just see some colored blobs in the pics! My filter floss is being delivered today as well as my PP so i can fill my tank back up today and start working on getting that bad boy cycled again! Indica still isn't swimming 100% the time so i'm still waiting on getting that rubbermaid cycled...i've gotta check the water again today so keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm going to post some pics of the tank once it's up and running b/c i had made a bunch of plant base decorations for my switch to bare bottom and then disaster struck! They are cured and ready to go so they are in there waiting for some water i can't wait for you guys to see them, i put a lot of work into these things!

Oh and also i took a video of ben's re-decorated tank! Magnus fish decided to turn half black in a matter of 5 minutes..it was the darndest thing she looks super cool!

GOOD LUCK :D :D :D

Have you put the video up yet for me to hunt down or are you going to upload it later? Top-view blobs are fine :) My red-cap's lost nearly all her red in the space of a week, Trinket thinks it might be stress as I lost my cycle but it's completely gone where it's gone, it's not just faded. It appears she wants to be a white fantail as she's never shown any sign of a wen...

lol i'm uploading the viedo onto photobucket right now of ben's tank, there is a short bit at the end where i record my bucket fish lol!

Holy crap WHAT?! so wait your redcap's redcap is dissapearing and not just fading in color? I've never heard anything like that!

Yeah it's disappearing in patches from one side, if you look at her face on, the left side is completely gone and there's a white patch in the middle of the right side. The left side started going first and it's moving across. The weird thing is on the left side there's no sign of it ever having been any colour than white. The white's not fuzzy or anything, it's just the same as the rest of her body.

I'd think I'd got an oddly coloured fantail and it was just a colour change but she was in a tank of about 20 presumably siblings all the same colour, I've never seen a fantail coloured like a redcap and I've also never seen a redcap without at least a peachy coloured wen. She seems healthy enough but it's definitely odd. She's never shown any signs of a wen either. I'll try and get some photos tonight.

I used to think neither of my fish would change colour much, calicos and redcaps both tend to be pretty stable from what I've seen, it appears I was wrong <_< I hope Tigger doesn't follow suite, I love her colouring.

I did start a thread in the discussion forum 'capless redcap losing her red' but the responses all suggested colour change.

oh wow that's nuts, i would love to see some pics! I just took another vid of my bucket fish...getting ready to upload it it photobucket now.

Oh he was a handful guys. He didnt like anyone to touch his stuff in the tank, his girlfriends and especially him. It took me and TD to get him out of the tank once. He even bit me on the lip once, while I was trying to train his girlfriend to give me kisses. Big mistake i learned that day :lol2

Oh video.....where is it :fbottom:

omg i can't believe what i'm hearing koko! He sounds like the fish that came right out of the pitts of22!! VIDEO!!!

Pitts of 22?

I tried to write H3LL but it came out 22 instead...i wasn't swearing..I swear!

Nah he was just a non personal fish, He passed years ago hun... It was Pharoh my pretty chocolate Oranda.... :)

oh i knew it was pharoh...i used do have a chocolate too...sniffle:(

I wanted to breed Choco's but that didnt work out and I cant find another one :(

Mwahaha soon I will be the only chocolate oranda owner on Koko's...

Just got to hope chocolate orandas on Koko's aren't cursed somehow :(

My Tiny Fish is soooo cute, he's going an awesome bronzey colour on his sides and silver on his stomach, I don't know if he's a true chocolate or if he's going to change on me, I really hope he doesn't change other than to get bigger!

Keep hunting, you'll find another one somewhere! Pester DandyOranda's man :)

Well a True one will be a red rust looking color when a baby, then they will get more brown tones when they get older :)

Muddy is the only true chocolate i've ever seen in a store/online etc:(

Yeah they are a rare breed..

Keep looking for another one :o

I look ALL of the time but i never see any....I don't even see them on goldfish connection or rain garden.