Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benandjamie22

My Hubby'S Fish Tank

Ben now has his own fish tank that that he decorated himself as well as picking out his own fish....and he's also been taking care of his own tank lol...yay my hubs is sharing my goldfish obsession! Thought i would share it with you guys!

Here is his tank:

btank.jpg

Here is Hermies ( i think he's a cross between a celestial eye and a moor...I'm going to post pics of him in what breed am i) Warning this fish will make you GIGGLE!

bensfish1-1.jpg

b10-1.jpg

b2-1.jpg

b3-1.jpg

And he got a baby ORANDA too...hasn't named this little guy yet though:)

b4-1.jpg

b5-1.jpg

b6-1.jpg

b7-1.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

That's so cute Ben has his own tank now, it's looking really great too! Hermies cracked me up, he's so funny! In a super cute way though :) The oranda is an awesome colour, it looks like he/she has a cute lil mustache! I love them :heart

That's so cute Ben has his own tank now, it's looking really great too! Hermies cracked me up, he's so funny! In a super cute way though smile.gif The oranda is an awesome colour, it looks like he/she has a cute lil mustache! I love them heartpump.gif

seriously you should see him swimming around the tank it's so funny...and when he comes to see you at the front it's like a giant set of binoculars attatched to a fish coming to see you lol!! I'm stoaked that he got an oranda and i didn't guide him in any way...he picked them out on his own! he's so stinking cute with his new fish!

That is just great that your sweetie has been sucked right in. Very nice. While i don't think my big ol macho redneck husband will ever want goldies of his own , i have gotten him helping me clean the big tank with that devilish python. I don't care for it. And you should see the big lug jump and squeal like a women with they try to smooch his hands. It's too funny.

Haha, he sounds amazing :rofl You must laugh every time you go to see him! That's great he picked an oranda on his own too, you've trained him well!

lol steph...you should see my husband...he doesn't look like goldie guy...he's 6'1" covered in tattoos and has guaged earrings lol! I love my python...you don't you care for it...i just think it's amazing. Hahahahaha that's funny that he squeels when the fish kiss him..priceless!

I know kymie...it's so awesome!

That's so cool!!I love Hermies what ever he is (LOL)And the baby Oranda, soooo cute too :) And your hubby's tank...Very nice!!!

I wish my hubby would take an interest just once in my fish ;)

Congrats on the new additions :) Enjoy!!!

Heeee heeee heeee! I love your hubby's "if you can't beat 'em join 'em!" attitude. Really nice tank too, are you sure you didn't influence him in anyway!? ;)

Now I'm wondering if my fella will get to grips with my love for my fish, I'd love him to get interested enough to set up his own tank.

Edited by U.K. Becs

Pretty fish, Hermies' face is priceless. Who's the little brown Ranchu? Lionhead? Swimming around with them?

hehe wish my hubby got into the fish more. Gratz on getting your hubby hooked. Love the oranda.

I know you like the other one but those just make my eyes hurt looking at them. lol But he does have great color and a very nice tail.

Edited by Hidr

lol steph...you should see my husband...he doesn't look like goldie guy...he's 6'1" covered in tattoos and has guaged earrings lol!

Oh, wow!! I love that!! Maybe there is hope for my big 6'3 tattooed hunk. :D

Oh MrsMohr. I am in LOVE with hermes. He is so sweet. I want him. :heart

It's nice when you both can enjoy the same hobby. I do all the work and my husband sits back and enjoy. Nicely done.

lol thanks jed:) I told him that if he took over that tank he would have to take care of it himself he he...he has been doing a great job!

Guest tiffsgold

My hubby is totally into fish keeping, but he's a salt water kinda man. All the things and delicacy of the care that goes into it scares the bejesus out of me!He is currently dreaming of once again having a 120 gallon... :blink: But I secretly want him to get one, so he''l bring it home, go to work, and when he comes home, it will be filled with goldies, lol

ha ha ha that sounds like a great plan let me know how that works out for you! I had always wanted a saltwater tank but i decided against it....none of those cute little creatures can be bread in captivity so i figured they would be happier with me if they could stay in the ocean! Hey you could point that out and persuade him to get golds!

Your hubby's tank and fish are just gorgeous! My hubby is of the large, scary, tattooed group as well, but his interest only extends to micro managing the maintenance of mine :rolleyes: And, on 2 occasions, the overfeeding of mine...Big huge hands don't understand what a smidgie of food is!!

ha ha mine still slightly over feeds his guys but i was just informed this morning that he wants me to feed them from now on since he is working right now and i'm not!

Aww the new tank and fishies are adorable, when is he joining kokos???!!!

Sounds like I need to get my fella some tattoos to fit in with your lot! He prefers to look at my fishies than get his own (not that we have space for another tank anyway) and he's very happy with his hamster.

LOL I agree with Devilduck, when's your man gonna come here and introduce himself!? Boy would I love to hook up with a guy who doesn't think my fish interests are "childish". Nice to know that the goldfishy gentleman DOES exist!! :D

I LOVE HERMES, he has the PERFECT name, and I would laugh every time I looked at him too! What a crazy kid. Heee.

LOL I agree with Devilduck, when's your man gonna come here and introduce himself!? Boy would I love to hook up with a guy who doesn't think my fish interests are "childish". Nice to know that the goldfishy gentleman DOES exist!! :D

Haha this makes it sound like we are going to try to steal him! You'll scare him off! Shhhh!

Haha this makes it sound like we are going to try to steal him! You'll scare him off! Shhhh!

Bahaha! It does sound that way! But I promise to keep my hands to myself and only ogle :whistle LOL

Hey!

It's very possible to be masculine and keep goldfish. Especially when you can grow them into big bruisers like my Tinko. http://www.beancurdturtle.com/ImageGallery/Goldfish2009/viewimage.aspx?img=20090830-193104.jpg

Tell your husband not to forget to feed brine shrimp and broccoli. Big fish are manly. :)

Edited by BeancurdTurtle

lol do because i have big fish does that make me manly...nnnooooo! His fish eat my awesome gel food...it has hikari oranda gold, goldfish gold, wheat germ, peas, green beans, brine shrimp, blood worms, and sun dried shrimp in it...yyyuuummmmmmmmmyyyyy!