Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cohazard

My Zen Goldfish Tank!

Hi, I'm sort of new to the forum, I've posted here before but I had to part with my goldfish after a move and only kept my tropicals.

Ever since I have been planning a goldfish tank in the back of my mind and here it is finally realized.

This tank is my Zen, it is in my bedroom at the foot of my bed. I still can't believe how perfectly it matches the images I had in my head when planning it.

Goldfish Zen:

DSC01843.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

Some of my golds:

This is Pearl my matte white Ryukin, no pigment at all:

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

This is her little bud Apollo a matte white ranchu with blue splotch on his back:

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

Elisina (recycled the name from my last collection of goldies :) ) my favorite type of calico because their pattern resembles a japanese water color painting:

DSC01770.jpg

No name yet red ryukin:

DSC01803.jpg

Wow your tank is beautiful! I love the red gravel/sand.

Hey Sergio!

Glad to see you here, bro.wink.gif You do have a nice setup.heartpump.gif

Kymie, his tank is barebottom. He just painted the glass.:)

Wow your tank is beautiful! I love the red gravel/sand.

Thank you very much, it's nice to have the approval of fellow goldfish lovers lol over at the other site I haunt, not many fans of goldfish lol

Hey Sergio!

Glad to see you here, bro.wink.gif You do have a nice setup.heartpump.gif

Kymie, his tank is barebottom. He just painted the glass.:)

Whuts up bud! yeah this is THE place for a goldfish lover to be at and share their fish. Not much love for them on our other place :)

Thank you for clarifying about the setup for Kymie :painting:

Nice.

I like the painted bottom too. Clever idea.

WOW!!!I love that set up :)Very zen indeed :) What is the plant you have in there?It is just what I am searching for!!!Beautiful fish as well :) I love the white one lots :)And this is the best place to be for us goldfish lovers :)

That's a fantastic setup, what's the plant in there looks like something i would like to get. I also adore your fish, but sorry Elisina is my fav. :D

Beautiful! :heart

Nice.

I like the painted bottom too. Clever idea.

Thank you! :)

Most painted tanks I've seen are painted black. Looks nice, but I wanted somethign unique.

WOW!!!I love that set up :)Very zen indeed smile.gif What is the plant you have in there?It is just what I am searching for!!!Beautiful fish as well smile.gif I love the white one lots :)And this is the best place to be for us goldfish lovers smile.gif

Thank you Shell :D

The plant is a 'giant fancy plants: bamboo' I believe. I wedged the base of it behind the spray bar to hold it in place, and it does a great job of hiding the spray bar of the xp3 and it also hides the koralia 2 I have that keeps the bottom clear of debris.

Very nice!! Cute fish!

Thank you Mrs. Mohr :)

That's a fantastic setup, what's the plant in there looks like something i would like to get. I also adore your fish, but sorry Elisina is my fav. biggrin.gif

haha thank you, I can't wait to see what she looks like later one, has nice pattern.

Beautiful! heartpump.gif

Gorgeous and very peaceful tank! It must be unbelievably soothing to look at it while you're in bed. Love it!

Wow, I'm jealous that is one gorgeous tank. I usually don't like barebottom tanks but yours is beautiful.

welcometo.jpg

Gorgeous and very peaceful tank! It must be unbelievably soothing to look at it while you're in bed. Love it!

Thank you very much! Yes it is very soothing to watch, I've fallen asleep twice lol

Wow, I'm jealous that is one gorgeous tank. I usually don't like barebottom tanks but yours is beautiful.

welcometo.jpg

Thank you very much, I dont' like bare bottom either that's why I added the stones :)

I love it! I felt so relaxed just looking at your pictures.

I've never heard of painting the bottom of a tank before, it really is a clever idea. I like the theme, and the color you chose too. It matches very well with the cuties that are inhabiting. :D

Edited by Hzleys87

So lovely. I can't even keep track of all of the cuties you have in there. Though Pearl might be my favorite.

I love it! I felt so relaxed just looking at your pictures.

cool that's good to hear! One of my room mates said it was 'cute'. Not exactly what I was going for but ehhh lol

I've never heard of painting the bottom of a tank before, it really is a clever idea. I like the theme, and the color you chose too. It matches very well with the cuties that are inhabiting. biggrin.gif

Thank you, the color is my favorite part, mainly because I surprised myself that I didn't manage to make any big mistakes lol

I've seen a lot of tanks where the bottom was painted, but they always always use black paint. It looks very nice with golds, but I wanted a unique theme.

So lovely. I can't even keep track of all of the cuties you have in there. Though Pearl might be my favorite.

yeah I have too many! Havent decided which 5 will stay in this tank, and which will go to the next 60g.

The little shubs are in there for grow-out then they're off a family members pond.

very nice! I want it!! :D

Martha, you can't have it! :D

I'll try to shoot some video tonight though.

Oh wowwww, that ground looks like velvet. <333

Your tank is just beautiful. Very nice work. And now i just HAVE to have a white ryukin. Gorgeous.

Thank you :)

Pearl is very special to me, I still remember when I found her. I just randomly wanted to go to that fish store that has a lot of goldfish, I think I was getting an air line or something, and when I was looking at all their goldfish outside, I see a perfectly white ryukin happy as can be in a tank full of reds and red/whites.

she was the only one with the solid black eyes and blushing cheeks.

I couldn't flag down help fast enough!