Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tazz Knight

Fry Day

Well, this is the first time that my Goldies successfully mated in my new home. The last time was about 3 years again. I will be posting pictures soon and hopefully they all will make it to teenage years okay.

I was away working my job a few days and when I came back I observed my tank and Mista Man(chocolate oranda) had some white stuff on his face and I noticed a small tear in his anal fin, so I immediately got concerned. The other two goldies in the tank seemed to be okay. I looked at the gravel and the ornaments. When I looked at the plastic plants(which had been uprooted and floating at the top of the tank, I saw all the eggs all over them. Panic set in and I ran upstairs looking for something to put the plants in. The two 2.5 gallon tanks I had before from the last time where now snail tanks...lol. I took the one with the ramhorn snails and plucked him all out and put two of the 3 floating plants in there. I really didnt expect anything to come of it all cause the last two years not of the eggs had been fertilized. But something told me to do it just in case. So two days later I see something swimming and I am thinking it was a worm(that tank was notorious for having worms a few years back), but upon close examination, I saw a few of the fry stuck to the glass and one swiming around. I began to panic cause I knew that I was going to be away from home a few days with little to no chance to get back home. I rushed to the pet store the next day(cause the day I noticed the lil one swiming, it was after 9pm) and got some firstbites. With GOD's blessing, He(or she) is the biggest one in the tank. Over 90% of the eggs were not fertizled, but I think that had to do with the plants being uprooted and floating on the top of the tank.

things are going well so far...I haven't lost any....i have a count of 13 fry and one is definitely bigger than the rest, I am going to video tape tomorrow and but it on youtube...stay tuned

Congrats!

I have only found one fry in pond this summer...

Here is a link to the video I put on youtube of the goldfish..I just uploaded it...enjoy and tell me what you think

My Fry and Their Parents

:newfish:borggs:

Very nice. Seems you will have more survivors this time round, some nice big fry there already :)

The 2 parent fish are both really stunning fish with long beautiful tails :heart

Awesome, congrats :)

I really love your chocolate, I wonder if you'll get any :o

Edited by Dev

Awesome, congrats :)

I really love your chocolate, I wonder if you'll get any :o

I was hoping so, but it seems like all of the fry have single tails....so now I am hoping that one will row a wen...lol...I will try to do a weekly recording for them...I cant seem to find any place where I can get brine shrimp eggs in my area to feed them...all I have been feeding them are first bites

any ideas as to when I can start small water changes?

Aw they are soo cute...congratulations!

Thank you...I was watching them last night and they are starting to show more colors...the white ones are starting to get some black colorations now and one looks to be getting some orange spot...one of the smallest looks to be suffering from some fin root....i am thinking about getting a half gallon fish bowl for him to treat him in

Thats my fav part hun watching them change colors. :)

That would be so much fun...watching them grow and change! Keep us updated with pictures of their progress:)

Quick update....the three smallest didnt survive...so now I am down to 10...one seems to have a swim bladder disorder....when he eats...he floats to the top..I have video recorded for week 3 and Im going to do a video tonight for week 4...and try to post both videos up tonight or tomorrow morning

this is the video from week 3

I am going to make a new video of the fry....only have five remaining of the 13....they are so fun to watch

I can not wait to see how they have grown and changed :) must be so fun for you to watch :)

I am going to make a new video of the fry....only have five remaining of the 13....they are so fun to watch

They must be pretty big by now, how about an update?