Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jen626

I Found My Fish! Or She Found Me...

I posted awhile back asking for advice on picking a fish since most of my fish have been rescues I rarely actually pick one out. I had room for one more and wanted something special. So a week ago, my grandpa passed away (he was 89, I miss him terribly,but it was time) and I wanted to honor him by getting a fish and naming it after him. So at the NWKG show in Portland today I found this:

newgeorge.jpg

I have always wanted one, plus it looks kind'o cranky, just like my grandpa. Koko looked for me and thinks it is a girl, so her name will be Georgie, my grandpa was George G., so that works for the female version. This is a horrible picture, but she is still acclimating in the bag atm. She looks tiny in the picture, I will post some better ones once she is in her tank.

I am nervous though, I have never bought a fish that cost more than $5, was this big, and have never had anything but commons, comets and telescopes. Her top tail fin got a little split in it on the way home, poor thing. Plus, there were rumors that the breeder had some other fish that were dropsied (although in a different tub), so I just want her to be ok. She also had to travel from Portland to Seattle in 90 degree weather, (air conditioning in the car though) including coming in to a restaurant with us and having pizza! No way was I leaving her in the hot car. It was funny, people kept asking, "What's in the bucket?"

Anyway, the show was fun, I got to meet Koko and Loomis, see lots of cool fish and I found the "one". I just hope she stays nice and healthy! Thanks to everyone for the advice.

She is sooooo cute. I am totally jealous!! I can't wait to see her in the tank. Congratulations!

Aw Jen CONGRATS :exactly !! She is sooooo beautiful, what a lovely head of little permed black curls she has -just like everyones favorite Granma. May she have a long and happy life with you. SURE she will :D:heart

Ooooohhhhh, what a SWEETHEART!! You KNEW I would fall in love with THIS YOUNG LADY didn't you! Oh my goodness, now YOU will have Oranda-itis.....JUST LIKE ME! Let me know the second you get more pics! I want to see all the fins and everything!! Wow!! I am SOOOOOOO happy for you! (Georgie is a perfect name too!)

It's uncanny she looks a lot like my black oranda, Summers.wink.gif Very beautiful fish!yeah.gif

Very nice find. Hope she stays black for you.

Hhmmmm, you-who! I am IMPATIENTLY waiting for pictures!!!!

Great find, Georgie is a beauty :)

She's a great looking fish hun, and looked to be in perfect health when I looked at her :) It was so cool to get to met you and your family hun. I cant wait to see more pics. Oh and maybe Ill show them the fish I picked up :o

Thanks everybody...I promise to get pictures up by this evening! But Koko has to put pics of her new fish up too, or we will have to turn the Koko stick on her! Yikes, I can't find the Koko stick emoticon.

So far Georgie is doing well, I actually fed her this morning because I was worried that since she had traveled to the show that it had been awhile since she ate. Lovely little vacuum cleaner she is!

Pictures are coming, pictures are coming...

what a cutie! :heart

that is a really nice choice!it will be okay in your care.. :)

Beautiful fishy!!! I am anxious for more pictures!

She also had to travel from Portland to Seattle in 90 degree weather, (air conditioning in the car though) including coming in to a restaurant with us and having pizza! No way was I leaving her in the hot car. It was funny, people kept asking, "What's in the bucket?"

I've did that on a business trip. I had convinced my collegues that I was driving with that we had to stop at the fish store while we were in town. My fishy got to join me for lunch that day at Subway. :newfish

What a beautiful fish...great way to honor someone. I am sorry for your loss.

:P Make me show off my fishie....OHHH, He will be showing up soon, had to put up the Goldfish Show page :P

Omg she is so beautiful, I love her! I think you did an AWESOME job picking out your fish for the first time!!bingo.gif