Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest leeco

Eggs

Guest leeco

Hi i'm new to the forum.

I took some brushes out of my pond today and put them in a separate tank and they were covered in eggs some of the eggs are clear and some and some were white and looked to be covered in fungus.

Should I remove the white eggs out of the tank?

Wait for a mod for more help, or review older forum posts for better more clear and well knowledged info, but I know from reading all those myself that YES remove the duds (unfertilized eggs are opaque white and fungus-y) or else they can harm you other eggs and foul the water!

Guest leeco
:)I?ve got loads of baby fish, the only thing is im not really sure what kind im hoping their koi but I have a feeling they are goldfish.

Def remove the white looking eggs. Other than that I have no real knowledge of raising fry! There are however many people on here that do. I know there is a breeding section that can help you out! Good luck with the babies!

I :heart goldies! :)

Guest leeco

:unsure: there all dead. i think it was because i had them outside in a small tank with no heater and the temp droped last night.

I've got mare eggs and a Quarantine tank with a sponge bio filter and a heater, this time there is no white eggs they all look like good eggs lets hope they dont die this time :(

If you have both koi and goldies in your pond chances are they could have cross bred. That's the fun part though, seeing what you get!

Guest leeco
If you have both koi and goldies in your pond chances are they could have cross bred. That's the fun part though, seeing what you get!

Hi the fry have been hatched for 5 days now and all seem to be fine, I didn't know that goldfish and koi could cross breed but their seems to be small fry about 3mm big and a few that are twice the size. I'm realy looking forward to see what these grow into :D

A pic of the fry

DSC00642.jpg

Edited by leeco

Aww look at those lil' babies!!! Can't wait for progress pics as they get older and bigger!

Guest leeco

Just a little update the fry are about 3 week old now and doing ok there is loads a small fry about 7mm big a few that are about 13mm big and 1 that is 20mm big and has grown its back fin it looks like a fish. Ill try get a few pics.

Koi and goldfish can't cross breed. They are two different species of carp.......

But I can't wait to see more of your fry. And hey, if they are goldfish and you really don't want them, there are tons of people on the forum that would love to take them for you! :)

Koi and goldfish can't cross breed. They are two different species of carp.......

HAHA my bad, I was totally thinking goldfish and fancies,, ah, the ever glorious brain farts,, always prove for foot in mouth disease.

More pictures pleeeeeeease........

Guest leeco

Hi 2 more pictures not the best but ill take some better ones soon. one is of the biggets in there it seems to be growing 10xs the speed of the rest in there. do you think he might start to eat the smaller ones thanks lee.

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

I love fry pics... :D ...they are cute.. :) ..Congrats..

Koi and goldfish can cross breed. :oops:

283571188_o.jpg

Since they are a cross between genus, not just species, the hybrids are sterile.

http://www.blueridgekoi.com/The-Origins-of...ly-Koi-a-1.html

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188053

I might also add, if you have spawing mops in a pond of koi/gf that are ready to spawn.

When you do have a spawning event & want to keep a higher percent of the eggs alive.

DO NOT expose the egg laden mop to open air.

Sink a bucket in the pond, move the egg laden mop into the bucket, then pull the full bucket out.

Then, sink the bucket into a tank of conditioned water with a cycled sponge filter running in it.

Eggs exposed to open air (even for a moment) are exposed to all sorts of nasty airborne fungus/bacteria spores that will infect eggs & kill the bulk of them.

Guest leeco

this is the pond the eggs came out of as you can see i have goldfish kio and a big common or leather carp in there and other fish

DSC00558.jpg

Wow look at those beauties! I definatley want to see more of that! Can't imagine what the fry will look like grown up with parents like that!

Guest leeco

Hi i took a picture of one of the big ones in there and it looks like the bigest fish in the pond they came out of :)

DSC00747.jpg

Wow. How fun and exciting waiting to see how they turn out!

Keep the pics coming please!

Oh, and the fish in your pond are GORGEOUS!!

Guest leeco

Wow. How fun and exciting waiting to see how they turn out!

Keep the pics coming please!

Oh, and the fish in your pond are GORGEOUS!!

thanks

Ill keep the pics coming but its hard to see them now as the water has turned green but i think green water is good for them so i have read

Im so excited for you...I can only imagine what its like to have a pond...I used to go to the national arbetorium just to see the koi there...I hope to have a bond in my yard when i move out my townhouse into a single family house

Guest leeco

Im so excited for you...I can only imagine what its like to have a pond...I used to go to the national arbetorium just to see the koi there...I hope to have a bond in my yard when i move out my townhouse into a single family house

Thanks heres a pic i took a few days ago I cought the 3 biggest in there they look like they are growing fast but im not going to bother them now for a while, ill leve them alone :) ive just added a new addition to my bigger pond shes a 18" koi carp i think, it came from this guy who had just built a small pond in his yard and it was quite small and she wasn't happy in there so i swapped him a few of my smaller koi carp for her, anyway here is a pic of the babys.

DSC00787.jpg