Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
gunbunnyj

Ponds At The Biltmore House

10 posts in this topic

I went last week to visit my grandparents in North Carolina and they took me to Ashville so I could go to the Biltmore estate. These are the ornamental ponds near the house and they're huge. I wish I could've gone traipsing around the trails there because they're just beautiful and there are a lot of other ponds but as the estate is about 8000 acres I just didn't have time to do it in one day. Just thought some of you guys might want to see.

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0630.jpg

And just in case some of you aren't familiar with the Biltmore estate this is a picture of the house. I found this one on google since I couldn't get far enough back to take a picture of the whole house. ( I really wish this were my house.)

rease-biltmore-estate.jpg

Looks like ppl shooting movie in the back ground. Thanks for sharing pics.Nice ponds

Nice ponds :) !

Guest Cardboardboxprocessor

I was there. I found that place to be ugly. But the ponds are nice.

Wow the ponds are huge.....towards the end of summer I'm going to be putting in my own pond of coarse it won't be nearly as big as the ponds up there!!! :)

Edited by chubypearlscale

I know this post is a little old, but my boyfriend and I went there just 3 weeks ago, and I loved it. All of it.

Those ornamental ponds are a part of what they call the Italian gardens I think, and yes there are more natural ponds for fishing elsewhere on the estate. We passed a few of them on the way out. The large, natural ponds attract flocks of Canada geese (multiple flocks, I'd never seen so many together on the ground) and we got to see a few Canada goslings in various stages of growth.

It is an amazing property. I would love to go back multiple times just to wander different areas.

Those are hugeee omg wow, Very lovely. Thanks for sharing! :)

wwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww drool!

Yeah, I visited there over the summer. Their water gardens were sooooo beautiful. I didn't get the chance to see the koi ponds (I wasn't feeling well at that point), but their water gardens were stunning. I would definitely go back again.