Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RHankinsJr

Moose Spotty Tail Now....

No problem, the only tank that I only test with strips on is the beta tank. Everything else has API listed with them I think.

I have the bar back in now.

Sorry...what I was noticing was your signature. 25% here......check it out. I have just been trying to figure out ANYTHING that could be causing an issue. If all is different from the siggie...well it debuncts my theory! :(

You are right about the 55 gall and one fish. I was going on the signature.

bubble wands will help though. Although water changes are good. Excuse the near midnight (not thinking clearly ????)

Why 90 % every 4 days? Totally understand with a cycle bump or high nitrates, ammonia, nitrites out of the tap. Fresh clean water is good...but exhausting if not absolutely needed. However if you are removing substrate this is completely understandable! ( gravel) need to keep the cycle balanced. :)

White spots, do they look perhaps like circle dots at a bend in the fins or in a lateral line?

Enough for now. Trinket will be back soon and I have to go to bed! I will check back tomorrow. :)

Hang in there...fishies still swimming which is a very postive sign that you are doing good! :heart

They are all over from his chubby cheeks to his hind end.

The over-do of water changes was due primarily to the fact that in the previous thread where we were discussing this there was talk of things in the water that might have been building up. So really it is just paranoia, being anal, and ready to get him well finally.

The gravel had all been removed over the course of the problem to ensure there could not be any nasties lurking beneath it. I have plenty of surface area in the emporers to maintain a pond worth of bacteria ( or so I like to think ).

The white spots look like cottony buildup. The wife is going to try her camera out for pictures first thing in the am since my kodak isn't getting the job done.

Thanks for your help thus far, sleep well.

Internet is down in our neck of the woods so I have not been able to upload images. Supposed to be back up today once they get all the trees cleared out from the storms. Thanks.

The fungussy balls attach to sitting fish. I have never seen them on fast moving active fish. Sitting fish --or fish with long flowing fins that swipe the ground or tank sides --are prone to them and they are either water moulds or bacterial clumps which actually look white.

The best thing is to get him swimming again of course. The next best thing is to clean the area where he sits so that secondary and third infections don't set in. He needs a very clean tank bottom to sit and he needs MASSIVE amounts of dissolved oxygen. I cannot stress this enough. He is a huge fish and a fish that is still. These two factors mean DO has to be at max (14PPM) in there right now.

The Medigold is for 10 or 14 days I think (I forget)..can you check what the tub says please?

And I would also consider manually swiping the tail fins with hydrogen peroxide. Just once.

I have went a couple days over since my post asking if I should continue its use. But I did stop using it yesterday and went back to pro-gold.

I have a bubble bar in the tank now being pushed by whisper 100 and I lifted the emporers up some to keep the water broken up more.

Do you have any ideas on how to get him moving again? I don't want to chase him around the tank but if that is what I need to do I will.

Do I keep the salt up for the time being or should I start dropping it yet?

Thanks again for your continued help!

The circulation should help bunches. Dont tap the glass -it may stress him just maybe feed him far from where he sits ?

I should take the salt down slowly to 0.1% now. I think he has had enough there.