Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
autisticfish

New Pics - Dial Up Beware!

Took some pics of all the goldies today.

Gilbert

P1070130.jpg

Marty (I think he's stunning, my dh finds him ugly and calls him "zombie fish" lol)

P1070153.jpg

Baloo

P1070132.jpg

Jupiter's funny mug

P1070156.jpg

Mai looking for food

P1070157.jpg

Sherman's got an awfully deep body!

P1070159.jpg

Mai looking all cute and pretty

P1070165.jpg

Jupiter cruisin'

P1070171.jpg

Sherman looking for peas

P1070167.jpg

Poor little Skittle is sick :(

P1070183.jpg

Oscar and Hemingway

P1070184.jpg

Elvis and Hemingway

P1070190.jpg

Bruce with his silly short tail (he's getting ready to start changing colour I think)

P1070193.jpg

RuPaul looking soooo much better than when I got him! I think his fins have doubled in length already, and still growing!

P1070195.jpg

Stanley checking out the camera

P1070196.jpg

Bruce making goggle eyes

P1070197.jpg

Betty is also getting ready to change colour

P1070204.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Oh, and btw, don't stress over the crowding - this is temporary only. Most of these guys are going into a pond later this spring :) In the meantime, I'm doing massive water changes to keep the water perfect.

Awwwwwww all of them are soooooooo cute!!!!!!!! How i wish they were in my tank!! :rofl

Jupiter is the coolest!

Oh wow, they are all so gorgeous, there's no way I could pic a favorite!!!

I must say tho, Gilbert has some great bredding stars on his gills and the edge of his fins!!! My fish's breeding stars finally went away ha ha. Great pictures!!

Meohmy you have some real beauties :heart . Did you get them in an auction /online or at a local store? They all are looking so good.

I'm sure Skittle will be up and joining in soon :)

I would make room for Gilbert at my house in a heart beat. Very nice pictures.

I didn't realize you had so many fish, and every single one of them is stunning!

Great pics, your fish are all stunning :)

Beautiful fish. Baloo is quite possibly the cutest fish ever! :heart

AWESOME Looking Fish!!!

awww, thanks for all the compliments. Gilbert is blushing ;)

I've had Gilbert for two years. I found him in the lfs, where we NEVER have decent/nice goldfish for sale. He'd been brought in by a customer, who was taking down her tank and moving. She told the store she'd had him for two years, in a 55 with other goldies. He wasn't in great shape in the store. Listless, lots of tears in his fins, and just sort of "dull" looking. I brought him home and started taking good care of him, and now, 4 years later, he's a handsome dude who's all tail lol. He always has lots of breeding stars - he's got 3 full rows of them on each pectoral fin. I guess he's just a ladies man teehee.

Baloo, my little pearlscale, is also from a small lfs. He was only about 1/2" long when I brought him home, so he's grown quite a bit. I've had him almost 2 years.

The telescopes, Betty & Bruce, Stanley & RuPaul, are from the same lfs I got Gilbert from. Bruce and Betty were healthy but Stanley had too thick a slime coat with clamped fins, and RuPaul had wicked bacterial fin rot that was starting to spread into the body in red patches. I *think* these fish probably came from a customer, as this lfs never gets telescopes, and certainly not ones with unusual coloration. So, I picked the group of, brought them home to QT and treat. They're all doing great now, and will be going into the pond when it's ready.

Skittle and Hemingway are both from a big box store - I purchased Monkey (RIP) with them too. I normally don't buy fish from the box stores, but it's really hard to find decent goldfish, especially orandas, around here. I picked the three healthiest looking fish with the best wens and bodies. They did all have red streaks in their fins, but I was hoping that was mostly due to crowding...

Elvis and Oscar are from an lfs the next town over that I love. Always good fish there, although not usually much selection for goldies. They were both in a tank with commons actually. Elvis was listed as just a "telescope", but his body's the wrong shape - he must be mixed with common or wakin or something.

The rest (Marty, Jupiter, Sherman, Mai) are from King Ed Pet Center in Vancouver. One of the best Aquarium stores in BC. The owners go over to China and pick the fish out themselves and bring them back. This is the case with my guys. They'd all been in store for almost 8 weeks, with no new additions to the tank, so they'd been sort of quarantined already. The prices were unbelievably good! I got Mai, Sherman, and Marty for $80 (I could've had three Mai and Sherman's size for $80, as Marty was from a smaller/cheaper tank, but I wanted Marty). For Jupiter I paid $45.

Once the pond is set up, all of the telescopes (Betty, Bruce, Stanley, RuPaul, Elvis) will be going in there right away. Once the pond is stable/settled, and I'm confident they're not going to be automatic racoon food, I'll move Marty, Jupiter, Sherman, and Oscar out there. I'm thinking I'll keep Mai as an indoor fish because of her swim bladder issues, and that I'll keep Skittle and Hemingway inside until closer to the end of summer, when they've grown a bit.