Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
autisticfish

More New Fish! (pic Heavy)

I picked up some more new babies yesterday! I'm doing things a little backward - most people would build the pond, then stock the fish ;P That's the nice thing about having multiple tanks though, you can always do some shuffling to get somebody into QT!

These guys are residing in my 20G, which has 350gph filtration and tons of live plants. I am now officially out of tank space, so no more new fish for me until after the pond is in!

Without further ado, here they are:

"Elvis". Sold as a telescope, was in a tank with a bunch of commons. His body and fins don't look quite right for a telescope to me - what do you think? I love his mix of matte and metallic scales - I've never seen that before except in Koi. Elvis is a boy - has breeding stars.

P1060932.jpg

P1060939.jpg

P1060941.jpg

P1060943.jpg

P1060957.jpg

P1060955.jpg

P1060985.jpg

This is "Oscar". From the same tank as Elvis - his Wen is fantastic!!! I'm just calling it a "he" - can't tell yet.

P1060982.jpg

P1060961.jpg

P1060951.jpg

P1060950.jpg

P1060949.jpg

This little one is the sweetest thing! He/she's the smallest oranda I've seen for sale before. Got him (calling it "him" cause it's simpler) at nnnn. He's super friendly, if my hand is in the tank, he's nibbling at it and soliciting to be petted! It's so cute! Name's not set in stone yet, but I'm leaning towards "Hemingway".

P1060963.jpg

P1060965.jpg

P1060971.jpg

P1060972.jpg

P1060977.jpg

P1060984.jpg

P1060947.jpg

And these other two are also from nnnn. No names yet, I'm leaning towards "Skittles" and "Snickers".

P1060946.jpg

P1060959.jpg

Yes, there's a smattering of tropicals left in the tank. Just platies and cherry barbs. I caught most of them and moved them over to my 90G community. The ones that are left in there eluded capture.

Elvis is working on cleaning up the duckweed infestation in the tank - I'm pretty happy about that :)

Thanks for looking!

Very cute bunch of new babies! How fun to be able to buy so many! Goldfish Connection has had several of the fish that look like Elvis recently. I think they're a cross between a telescope and a common. Doesn't matter as that's what ALL goldies are anyway! A cross of something or other. If they weren't, we'd all be harboring carp in our aquariums! lol! A new pond too! What another fun thing to look forward to!

Great pics, thanks for sharing :)

Very nice, I love Elvis's scales as well. He may fill out to look more like a typical telescope. When I got my Penny I thought she was probably a mix with a common because she was so skinny, but it turns out she was just in need of some good food! :)

The others look great as well, you're right, that is one teeny tiny little oranda!!!

I love its scales they are very different and cool!

They are fantastic looking fish! Your Tele looks amazing!

afjkladsfjadsk;lfjadsk;ljfkadsljfk;ladjsfkl;ajsdlf

the cuteness it too much for meeeeeee :krazy:

and now i really want orandas.

and elvis is just about the cutest fish everrrrrrrr.

thanks for sharinggggg :heart

I LOVE Hemmingway! What a fun, friendly little fish! Love your tank.

I love Elvis. He's adorable. And that little Hemmingway is also super cute. I love it when they swim into your hand and want to petted and to nibble. So much cuteness!! :heart

Nice orandas! :heart

WOW so much cuteness! love the "twins" i think you called them skittles and snickers!

Can't wait to see them in there new home (the pond) good luck with the new ones!

Wow, those are all amazing photos!! I agree on Elvis's scales, very cool effect. The third shot down is my favorite tho, but maybe cuz a platy found his way into the pic :)

Great pics! thanks for sharing!!!

Very lovely fish there! :D

Oscar I think is a male as he has what looks like nodules on his front fins like my Wachu has :D

Beautiful Telescope!!Your Orandas are mighty sharp as well.

Very lovely fish there! :D

Oscar I think is a male as he has what looks like nodules on his front fins like my Wachu has :D

Thanks for all the compliments on my fishies!

Yes, I've figured, based on his vent, that Oscar is a male. Hemingway looks like a girl (outie). Monkey I'm pretty sure is a girl (outie), although it's hard to know if she's got an outie because she's a she, or because she's sick: Monkey has dropsy and is in a separate QT tank :( I've posted about it in the disease 911 section - I'm hoping she pulls through. Jury is still out on Skittle - too much tail on too tiny of a fish for me to get a glimpse of the vent.