Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AubreeMarie

Pubescant Acne Or..... Breeding Stars?

Guys, in another post I mentioned that my Spaz (now officially Spazzy McBullington) was behaving much in the way that a fish in a posted video was behaving towards tank mates. That fish eventually spawned with teh females. Bow-chicka-wa-wa,,,,

Anyway, it got me really thinking, and I *know* I had said, the behaviors right, but no tubercles/breeding stars. Well, I squinted REEEAAAALLY hard, leaned in reeeeeaaaal close and, well, I was wrong. Or maybe I was right, I don't know.

Can someone please tell me to their best guess whether these are breeding stars or look more like ick??

Now for referance, only my two fantails have them and only on their gill plates (technical term? I dunno) and as best as I can see with my glasses on or off is what could be lots of teeny bumps on their front fins, but with my vision it just looks fuzzy (but it's not like, fluffy fuzzy, just not a clear straight, streamline). They were baught at the same time, so roughly the same age, and are just about a year.

My best guess would be if it were ick or some other illness all my fish would have it right? And not JUSt in the one same spot? It seems too symmetrical to be illness.

Please someone just quell my nerves!

And lastly, sorry,. but I lost a lot of photo quality uploading to photobucket, and they weren't the best to start with.

MarkedSpazzyMcBullingtonbreeding-1.jpg

MarkedUnobreedingstars1.jpg

MarkedUnobreedingstars3.jpg

Markedbothbreedingstars.jpg

markedSpazzyMcBullingtonbreedingsta.jpg

My vote is for breeding stars.

::phew:: Who'da thunk having a couple of randy teenagers swimming around would be a sweet relief?

Unbeknowenst to them though, I'm pretty sure they're hittin' on dudes,,,,,

Edited by AubreeMarie

I vote for stars as well, your little boy is growing up!

I vote for stars as well, your little boy is growing up!

:cry1 ::sniff:: It's not okay! I love my babies bein' babies!

I'm no expert but I would say breeding stars.

I found Koko's trying to find help on what I thought was Ich - which was in reality breeding stars.

You've got a maturing boy there. Congrats!

I posulate that they're alien spores planted by a technologically advanced alien society, and soon your aquarium will be over-ran with little-green men.

I posulate that they're alien spores planted by a technologically advanced alien society, and soon your aquarium will be over-ran with little-green men.

Heh, little green men eh?

I can handle that, just not the ich.....

Haha that's hilarious! :rofl

:BTT By the way, I totally love Malice Mizer.

off topic as well.....

Jenny you like MM too!? There are three of us now!!! AMAZING!!!

Back to fish.......

Yes, breeding stars. But you already knew that.

I really just wanted to shout my love of Malice Mizer. :))

I really just wanted to shout my love of Malice Mizer. :))

Amen!

Um, when will this stop? These two have been chasing, shimmying (read; vibrating themselves all over!!) and sticking their noses under the bums of their tank mates for a couple weeks now, and I just looked over and BOTH were giving my comet the absolute run around! Circle after circle after circle! I'm pretty sure he's sick of being hit on by two horny dudes!

When do they eventually get the hint that no one has any roe for them to milt themselves all over and move on until their next "heat"?

Moustache's gettin' tired :( ! He may be a comet but he certainly can't outswim those two ravenous fannys,,,,

Love is in the Air!!!

Looks like Breeding stars!

One word on Malice Mizer. I will admit I'd never heard of you, but I LOVE gothic lolita/visual kai/harajuku! I swear if I were 20 years old again, I would totally dress like that! And I make sure to use Halloween as the very excuse to do so! Anyway! back to fish!

Chasing? It won't ever end..... <sigh> oh, actually, I suppose it will, but it DOES go on forever! And they don't give one whit whether what they chase is male or female. All they know is they need to chase and they'll chase whatever's available!

Those are breeding stars! Your babies are growing up! :D

They may be chasing other males, but the chasing activity is usually sparked by female reproductive phermones in the water. When the female gets a little closer to spawning, the males will figure out who it is they should be chasing.

-steve

They may be chasing other males, but the chasing activity is usually sparked by female reproductive phermones in the water. When the female gets a little closer to spawning, the males will figure out who it is they should be chasing.

-steve

Hmmmm this is very good to know,,,

I caught my comet now picking on my common. He hasen't any breeding stars, but maybe this is narrowing down the culpri-femme.

Chasing now is at a minimum. Looking through my fishy journal I realised that before all this behavior came to a big obvious head I had been doing water changes every other day, or every two days (an 8 year old tried do his best to only give a little, buuuuuuuuuut epic fail) for two weeks. So i think that might really have opened the floodgate to encouraging the breeding behavior.

Have the alien spores gone away yet? Also, [OT]

LET'S PETITION KOKO TO TOTALLY HAVE A NEW PLACE ON THE FORUM FOR MALICE MIZER FANS! Did ya'll hear about the quasi-reunion?! I'm so happy I found you !

Have the alien spores gone away yet? Also, [OT]

LET'S PETITION KOKO TO TOTALLY HAVE A NEW PLACE ON THE FORUM FOR MALICE MIZER FANS! Did ya'll hear about the quasi-reunion?! I'm so happy I found you !

Malice Mizer huh? Makes me think of one of my favorite groups - The Mutaytor. :)