Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AubreeMarie

Help These Poor Little Guys :(

Guys, I know it's really not appropriate to flame LFS and other such suppliers and that it's in the rules not to, but this really crossed the line, I literally had to leave the store and vomit.icon8.gif

And I'm not going to flame per se, just give a warning. I contacted local media and animal control, seeing what i can do about it (FOX news does'nt think they can run with it but we'll see, I told the guy I spoke to to walk into any of the chains stores and see for himself). I'm just going to share these pics I took and not mention any names.

MOST IMPORTANT!!

The fish that made me literally ill I didn't get a picture of because, well I was leaving to be ill. It was a betta in his stupid cup, that had been dead so long there, stagnant, that he was covered in film all over his body (getting 'fluffy') and then had a 3/4 inch halo of fungus all around him. NASTY! I'm returning tomorrow to get pictures of this now that i think I can handle it and to take this up with a store manager, before I go corporate. Also what's worse? The dead betta was above a handwashing station, next to the soap. So here we have associates, potentially handling dead and diseased fish (though, neglect seems to be a key factor here) and NOT washing their hands. If you see the soap, you see the fuzzy carcass, simple as that. So in my argument to the local paper I gave it the public health and safety twist, because this store also sells groceris (I'm getting close, did you guess the store yet?)

0225091904.jpg

0225091905.jpg

Ick much?

0225091905b.jpg

0225091935.jpg

0225091903.jpg

And some vidio I took. Pretty crappy quality, but it was my phone.

I can tell it's got to be wxx mart?? OMG !!!Someone has to be response to this. :doh11:

They need their ;live animal permits revoked!!! > :(

Wait...this place sells pets AND groceries??? I've never heard of such a bizarre combination before in my life.

So strange....the tanks are clean, but the fish look terrible. Did they just set up shop or something??

For sure take it up with the manager, and ask for their head office information and write them a blistering letter or email.

Oh wait. Now I get it. I get who you're talking about, duh! Took me a minute to realize they sell "groceries" (they just sell junk food in the ones I've been to).

Ho man, good luck to you, girl. Fight the power *raises fist of solidarity* Those people own their own banks. Scary business.

What do you expect from a store that doesn't specialize in fish...

Sadly I see tanks like that a lot (I couldn't see the pics, just the videos). I think fish are just seen as cheap and expendable by a lot of people. If it were hamsters or puppies in similar conditions, now that would get some real attention :(

I'd love to comment, but i can't see the pictures and you-tube is blocked at work.. :(

Oh yeah--we know what store you're talking about! Mine is the exact same way. I got fish there once who had ich--didn't see it til a few days after I bought them. All recovered except one but nasty stuff. :(

Sorry, issues with photobucket.

Any how, SOME validation. In the heatedness of my upset (the night I roginally posted) I called the police to see if we had an animal control service in my city. The best the operator could give me was the dog officer. Close enough. I left him a message as I called after 8, and the next morning he contacted me back saying they were going to be sending an investigator from the board of health!!!!! WOOOT!!

Which, is good because instead of disposing of the dead fish they pulled out of the tanks,,, they put them in a bucket with on the verge of death fish, in foul water, in a sink, with open or leaking chemical bottles AROUND the sink,, with a step stool in FRONT of the sink..... Not a good time to be a curious kid eh?

Now, for those pipcks,,,

0225091904.jpg

0225091905.jpg

ICK! :(

0226091030b.jpg

0225091905b.jpg

0225091935.jpg

0226091025a.jpg

THIS was in the sink! There was another container with a dead frog and fish,,

0226091025.jpg

0226091029a.jpg

0226091031a.jpg

0226091034a.jpg

So sad.

Oh my gosh that is horrible I just want to cry.why dont people care about fish??? they should not be subjected to that, no more than a cat, dog, or any other animal. Ugh.

:redcard I wish we could shut there doors for good! :tantrum

OH my god.... I hope Wal*Mart gets a fine... this is horrible. But what you saw was NOTHING compared to the Wal*Mart in Orlando... I asked why all the fish were dead and the woman selling the fish said that the dead fish were apparently "sleeping and alive", and that the ich was just from eating too much. I yelled at her and talked to the manager and he took out the ones that I told him were dead (only 4 were left in the tank when we were finished) and I got a free Tetra Heater, from the lady's salary. So at least the goldies will get some justice.

THIS MAKES ME MAD :blowup: ... SAD :( ... AND SICK !!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO TO THESE PEOPLE: :pan:pan and THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN TO THESE PEOPLE, ALSO:

That is so sad, poor little guys. It makes me wish I could come and rescue them, even if it meant extra water changes. Luckily all of the nnnnnnn near me have stopped selling fish, but when they did sell them, at least I was able to save a few of them and give them a better life.

Edited by br553

I went to wallyworld today and guess what, the fish tanks are gone! :nana:nana:nana

I don't know if it's the same with the other two in the city, I sure hope so.

I went to wallyworld today and guess what, the fish tanks are gone! :nana:nana:nana

I don't know if it's the same with the other two in the city, I sure hope so.

Ugh, I wish that would happen here,,,,

But yesterday I went to do errands with my mom and looked at the tanks, and fortunatley they remained careless about cleanliness and safety regarding a dirty, chemical laden, bottles every where with dead fish in the sink sink area. And by fortunatley I mean at least the health inspector can walk in anyday and see the issues. Because apparently my friend and I REEAAMINg out the manager didn't spark the "aha" moment nor light the fire under his ###### to at least keep conditions safe and sanitary.

So heres hoping...

ugh that's so horrible.

the day my local "mart" got rid of their fish department was a day i rejoyced until the sun went down.

one day i remarked to the fish lady that there were a "few" dead fish, and she said she forgot to scoop them out that morning. she said every morning and night they scoop out the dead ones and feed them to their oscars. like hey, i know what i can get out of these dead animals, fish food! ugh. people make me sick.

i hope something is done about them.

I know this is a older subject,but i was told today by a person from nanananananan that they are going to stop selling fish,all of the chains will not have fish anymore,this is good news i think,as they should never had them in the first place...

I so hope this is true! If so, we will all celebrate!

So you are saying all chains all together are going to stop selling fish? I think it sounds, nice, but somehow I doubt it. I know certain places just shouldn't period, and I can name those places in my sleep. But there are certain ones who do not do so bad either, except the one shop in town I always go to, for some reason, their pearl scales never survive with me. I have been through a few of them. I only have luck with Ryukin, Demekin, Oranda, and Ranchu/Lionhead (but not so much these vs the others mentioned).

OMG I really hope that they won't sell fish anymore. :(

Ugh, It would be so great if Smalls-Warts nation wide would just quit.

The one that used to be the closest to my town, before they built one IN my town used to sell fish, but they stopped stocking their tanks a few years ago. so they just have ugly empty tanks. But waaay better than ugly dead fish in ugly dirty tanks.