Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
misty_blue16137

I Have Babies Again!

Well, once again I have babies, lol. I have no idea how many but as of now quite a few have hatched out and are now swimming around. The mom is Orchid and the dad(s) are Skye and possibly Pippen as he was also in hot pursuit. He was trying at any rate. Not sure if he is too young or not to actually fertilize anything. I will try to get some pics but they are so small (about 4 days old) they aren't showing up very well. Hopefully these will do as well as my first ever fry's did. I really am anxious to see if the lavender breeds true or just what colors they will be. Also at what age can the fry eat gel food? I wasn't making it the first time around.

CONGRATS!!!!!! Good luck with them.

YAY babies are fun congrats

:Congrats: Can't wait for pics! Yeah! Babies! :D

OMG! I've been waiting for this moment, Kathy. I'm looking forward to seeing these babies grow, and if indeed, the lavender holds true. Now, if the "other" lavender tank will do their thing, huh? lol

yayyyyyyyyyy... :Congrats: Kathy...fry....more babies and fishies.. :D ... :nana

How exciting! I have been waiting for lavender fry!

Whoooooooooooooooooot! They settled in fast :D:Congrats: on what will be some gorgeous looking little baby fish :heart

cool!! :Congrats:

hurray! superexcited.gif babies!!!!

icon_smile_excited.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! Congrats Kathy!!!!!!

I am so curious to see what happens, and I am TOTALLY stealing one.. (Still got that extra tank you said you had at one point? LOL)

Way to GO babies.

:Congrats: !!!

Fingers crossed the since *both* parents were lavender, they'll be twice as purple!

Like... violet!

That's how genetics work, right!?

:happydance

Thanks everyone! I am anxious to see how these turn out providing I keep them living, lol. I ended up with way more hatching then I expexted. Didn't realize just how many eggs were in the piece of moss I pulled out. Ah well, with so many I will hopefully have at least a few survive and turn out decent. Mainly, I want to see if I have any lavenders but will be happy with any color if healthy. And these are from parents who are both Telescopes this time so I should have baby bug eyes, lol.