Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Lovely pictures. Who may I ask is that lovely oranda with the white tail? What a doll.

That my dear beleave it or not is Fiona my Oranda :o

The fish that is orange and white used to be that black one? Holy cow! Great photos and beautiful fish KOKO

We miss our Tiny :cry1

Yeah she really did a color change on me, but I still love her, she cant see the food very well but she loves to be hand feed :rofl3

Great pics. The color change on your oranda is incredible. Thanks for sharing. :)

Great pics. They look so happy. Thanks for sharing. :heart

I think you're all absolutely right, Elvis' finnage should be passed on to a new generation! I will share his fry out with people here in England, I can't imagine sending the little guys out to anywhere farther than that. (Unless it was by FedEx or something.) I'm seriously interested in breeding him, he's about 4 years old. I hear that once they're about 6 it's getting a bit late. So we've still got a bit of time.

I contacted a reknowned goldfish breeder I found on the net and his wife got back to me and said that I should cross Elvis with a fantail. Well, funnily enough I have a 4-5 year old female calico fantail with very long fins, and so I think they are the ideal couple. I promise to keep you all posted.

I never put a breeding mop in there when Elvis and his friend were chasing Goldie around in the springtime. I'm going to move Elvis' friend out of the tank and have a good read of the breeding section of this forum. I wonder if I can trigger breeding in autumn, or if I have to wait until spring again?

Elvis thanks you for the compliments. I promise to take a video of him soon and post it up for you guys with broadband. He's amazing when he's swimming around! Honestly :)

edited because of my smiley problems as usual! hehe

Edited by Kim

Guest BubblesOwner

YAY Kim!! bouncing.gif

I'm so excited you're doing this!! If/When you're successful, and you would try FedEx to ship, I'll buy a big brand new tank just for a baby Elvis. :)

Guest PearlscaleFan

Loooooooooov all the fshe ive seen so far, Ive decieded that im gonna wait till december before I get more fish (saving up for new 200g tank and I wanna be prepared if dropsy strikes again)

Keep posting every1!

That's a very beautiful veiltail. Never seen one with a tail that long. Congrats!! :)

Guest lisal

:hi

I finally have pics of Rosie and Cheech and have the time to introduce myself to everyone! I really love this site; I joined just over a month ago.

I live in the suburgs of Chicago, but I was raised in Kansas City and I have lived and traveled all over USA with my work. I've been in the printing industry my entire career and I've gone from straight commission sales to owning my own business to my current position as a Sr. Media Buyer for a publishing house!

I luv my fish and I landed here and found out how really UNeducated I was on GF care, but thanks to many and specifically Laurie P, Ed 586, Daryl, Data Guru and Pm94 and most especially Koko, I was able to save the tank and Rosie too! Today, even though my fish are FINALLY eating the Medigold they are fat and sassy and happy and at the moment... :feedme My fish are borderline hilarious and very hooked on each other. I'm hooked on them!

I'm saving for a 55 gal tank which I should have by Feburary (complete with all the fixins) and also for a digi cam! I've tried taking pics for you guys for the last month and I have over 100 pics of blurry blobs with eyes to prove it! I had company this weekend and they had a digi cam....so TA DA!!!!

I hope this link works....if not I'll figure something else out! There is also a pic of me that is pretty accurate except for now I have deep red hair!

I am eternally grateful for Koko's Goldfish World and look forward to getting to know all of you and YOUR fish better! :heart

http://community.webshots.com/album/185553443iVljWW

post-14-1094855690.jpg

Guest lisal

:rolleyes: It's been a long rough week... How about I tell you who is who....

Rosie is the red cap oranda/veiltail??? At least that is what I think! If you guys know for sure please tell me! I've had my fish for nearly 2 years. Rosie's wen is very very slight and barely noticeable!

Cheech is the calico fantail and he is my PIG. If he could talk he would be asking for rides to any and all drive thrus. When Rosie was sick he was such a hero and caretaker. He would not let her lay on the bottom for long and he kept her up and moving continuously. Rosie follows Cheech everywhere and does whatever he does. I was having to soak Medigold in brine shrimp water and dividing the tank which caused Rosie to pout in the corner and Cheech to head butt the divider. Just the other day I saw white stringy poo...but I swear it was from Cheech and not Rosie. So now they are both eating Medigold. Rosie, ms. picky, of course when CHEECH ate the Medigold....she did. :exactly

The kiss on each other..they chase each other in a circle, they sleep together, play follow the leader and tag!!! :D

Guest PondCometer

Wow how do you get your fish to eat out of your hand, amazing stuff great pics

Oh Lisa they are so cute!!!!! That last picture of the 2 of them, just adorable. They look like they are very good friends.

Nice picture of you by the way. Your job sounds fascinating. Although I don't know if I could go all over the US, I'm a home body.

I noticed you were soaking the Medi-gold, are you still doing that or will they eat it now when you put it in?

Just asking, soaking it will decrease it's effectivness on the bacteria. Just in case you didn't know.

Thanks for letting us get a look at your babies. I'm so happe they are ok.

Guest lisal

:D Laurie! I am so glad I could finally show you who's life you help save!!! I was just getting the hang of the focus on the digi cam and then my friends had to leave...

I only had to soak the Medigold twice. Now they are eating it STRAIGHT!!! Now that you can see how big they are...how many pellets per fish? I've been giving 4-5 each. I've backed off to only feeing 1x a day for right now. On weekends I'll let them swindle a few peas outta me, but I just want them to get better!

Tank is holding pretty steady on params so I'm happy about that! I did move MikeisMine (bristlenose) into the goldie tank; he has PLENTY to eat there so he's been busy from the moment he touched the gravel and he seems quite content.

I'm learning that Rosie..aside from her many wonderful personality traits, does not like her environment altered at all. She laid around yesterday again...but is fine today. It dawned on me that every time some new little something is added to the tank she displays this behavior.

Stu has quite the challenge ahead of him with the cichlids! LOL he has a male and female and from what my friend at the pet store said...they breed like bunnies. Since they were convict cichlids he named them Bonnie & Clyde. Of course NOW he can find the $$ to get a new tank, etc.etc. since they are HIS fish! Men.

How have you been? I hope good! Talk to you soon!

PS I no longer travel with my work...gave that up about 6 years ago! I am a major homebody myself!

Edited by lisal

Guest podded_pea

I love the ability on webshot to do a "screenshow"... It was like sitting watching your tank! :) What beautiful fish you have there!..Cheech is fab... *wants* Given Rosies probs in the past, she looks so healthy and happy, you have dun good!! :) Nice to see you too Lisa! :hi