Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Elvis says thanks for the compliment! :D Sure, I'll post a picture of him up there. I'll try and take some new ones, or else I'll post up these ones soon. Cheers! :)

Guest BubblesOwner

Hey, what happened to Elvis's pictures? :(

Wow what a beautiful veiltail! I kept scrolling up to gawk at it! ..Now, anyone else find the idea of a [longflowyfinned] fantail female and a male veiltail breeding, an awesome idea? I have a beautiful, flowy fantail that looks a bit like his flowy fins, only she is compact like a fantail in the body, and she's got the doubletail. I think that the mixture would be obscenely beautiful... I need to get myself a veiltail so I can try it. :D:heart

Something tells me I'd have no trouble finding homes for the fry if I succeeded in raising them :lol:

MOST DEFINATELY NOT! you better save a fish for me... <_< :heart I want one, they're so preeeettyy

stunning and most beautiful. Looks like an angel. That fish wins first prize in my book.

Barb

Guest Joelio

That really inspires people to love their goldies, your fish is gorgeous!

-Joel

Hi,

Thought I'd share some pics of my goldies. They're housed in a 55 gallon tank with an UGF on one side powered by a powerhead and a penguin biowheel. Bunches of potted plants on the other side (topsoil substrate with a gravel overlayer).

Here's the newest addition--Coco--the chocolate oranda who joined the others in June of this year.

coco040815c.jpg

coco040815e.jpg

Here's Stripe--my ryunkin who used to be orange.

stripe040815b.jpg

and Bugsy the new moor.

bugsy040815a.jpg

Got both Bugsy and Stripe back in March when they were about 2 inches long... they're up to 6" long now.

and here's Bugsy with Lumpy, my big black moor who's about 9 inches long now

lumpybugsy040815c.jpg

lumpybugsy040815b.jpg

Hi DataGuru....Love your fish! They're all my favorites!! :D That huge Moor is Awesome!!!! Coco is also very beautiful-nice group of fish! :heart

Cool pics. i love all ur fish. they're all cute

Thanks you guys. :)

Finally got my computer to see my camera again. Here's the tank with the newest plants. Floating on the right is two water lettuce plants. I just added the pot of swords (middle) and scarlet hygro (behind the java fern).

Tank55040822d.jpg

and here's a closer up pic of the water lettuce. I had to elevate the hood on that side as the water lettuce were kinda like christmas trees... bigger after you get them home! The roots look like white feathers. So far, the goldies are content to munch on the duckweed and azolla.

Tank55040822e.jpg

I keep hoping if I get enough plants in there, it'll help with keeping the NitrAte lower.

Nice pictures, I'm with Devs I love your moor. He is gorgeous.

Guest lisal

Data...great pics!! I scavenged your profile pics when you left a post on one of my threads...I was so impressed! I've sent a few people to your profile because your pics were so nice! The moor is awesome! Thanks for sharing..hopefully I can have some pics to introduce my lil guys soon!

:lol:

Guest WakinWorks

Such big, healthy, beautiful fish!!! You must be doing it all right!!! They look great!!

Beautiful fish.....I can't choose between Strip and Lumpy....they're both very nice fish!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!!

Yea, the Lumpmeister is something. We've had him for a year and 3 months now. He had a pretty hard time of it the end of last year because of our cluelessness back then (My daugher's fish outgrew the 20 gallon tank, water quality went downhill and fish started getting sick. then I killed the biobugs and had to cycle two tanks from scratch.). Thankfully I didn't kill him trying to help them. I've learned a LOT since then. Lumpy's just now getting his bouyancy back--he was stuck on the bottom for the last couple of months. It's so neat to see him swimming around again! Tho I think the plants were happier when he wasn't over rooting around and barging thru them.

They're getting almost totally fresh food now and I'm making sure the water stays happy. The little ones are growing a little less than an inch a month.

Stripe's a character. He's always first to get his piece of shrimp for the evening feeding. Coco's almost always next. Bugsy's slower on the draw, most likely because he can't see as well. Lumpy actually swam up tonite to get his piece instead of me having reach down and to stick it in front of his face. That's so cool.

The main problem now is... I want a bigger tank! *laugh* Need more goldies. :)

betty, your goldies are absolutely gorgeous! and ive got no problems picking my favorite.... lumpy, of course! :lol:

i too have a very large black moor (broadtail). shaggy. hes about ten inches long and at least 6-7 years old. although, shaggy doesnt quite have the belly that yours does. :blink:

anyway, i just realized that i dont have any good pictures of him. ill have to snap a few and post them soon!

paul

Guest BubblesOwner

You know, if you want to breed him, maybe you should find a local goldfish breeder's society in your area and show them your Elvis. They may really want to help out! He's just too gorgeous not to breed.

hi kim :)

stunning fish i agree with BubblesOwner you should breed them and when the fry are ready you should then distribute them on a closest first basis :D

Guest WakinWorks

Your Elvis is just incredible!!! Makes me think of the fish in Disney's Fantasia!!! Gosh...he's really something. I went and looked at your other pictures showing him with other fish...it's just beyond words!!!! :D I've never seen a "real" goldfish with fins like that!!

Boy....if you could breed for him and always get fins like that, that would be really exciting!! I can just imagine how gorgeous he is swimming around. I think Elvis gets my vote for the prettiest fish I've ever seen.

You are very fortunate!!! Anyone of us would die for your Elvis!! :D

My jaw is still on the floor...

Why on earth is no one breeding these in the US? Is it because they take so long to really show the finnage?