Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Guest ElliotOranda

That is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen. He does have a very gossomer or ghost like look. Have you ever thought about getting a web cam? I would love to see him swimming.

What type of food do you feed him? Progold?

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Rae

Beautifullllllllllllllll ! Wow, I 've been looking for a veiltail for the longest and haven't found one yet. Your veiltail is gorgeous. Just gave me the energy to keep looking and not give up hope. Thanks for sharing your pics of Elvis. :D

wow that is a lovely goldfish, inever saw a fantail with so long

fins he looks so great congradz :)

That is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen. He does have a very gossomer or ghost like look. Have you ever thought about getting a web cam? I would love to see him swimming.

What type of food do you feed him? Progold?

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Rae

*Elvis blushes and says thanks* (he's so modest!) :D

Hi Rae - I feed them "King British", although I'd like to try Progold. I've never thought about a web cam. Interesting idea! I just noticed that there's a video thread in this section of the forum. I'll try to post a video of Elvis sometime soon :)

2befree - I wish you the best of luck finding a veiltail! I should mention that Elvis was just a normal looking little guy when I got him, except I thought he looked a bit more "slender" and "sleek"-looking than the other fancies. *LOL*

OH MY! :o

what an absolutely gorgeous veiltail! that is probably THE best looking one i have ever seen! a very special goldie indeed.! :D

when i first saw the pic, i said out loud, "OH MY!". i sounded so startled that my room-mate came running up the steps to see what was wrong! :rofl when she saw what it was, she too said, "OH MY!".

whatever it is that you do in your routines and regemines for general care, dont change a thing! you seem have the midas touch there! :happydance

paul

Thanks! :rofl - Maybe next time I should put a warning on the thread topic!

Guest ElliotOranda

Re:Hi Rae - I feed them "King British", although I'd like to try Progold. I've never thought about a web cam. Interesting idea! I just noticed that there's a video thread in this section of the forum. I'll try to post a video of Elvis sometime soon

I just started feeding Progold to my Orandas. They are little piggys and will eat almost anything, but I do notice that they are more aggressive about getting each piece than they were with other foods. Aggressive is a strong word, I think it just taste better to them so they try to scoop it all up and not share with each other. They also seem more active. But that could be the new and stronger filter I added. Im not sure. I am going to continue to buy the progold, its nice to order online and have it delivered. It only took 2 business days to be delivered.

I've heard a lot of good things about Progold since I joined this forum, but I can't seem to find it...? Who's the manufacturer?

yeah, either a veiltail or a fringetail. absoluetly stunning. im speachless.

Yeah, I'm with Gwen - that is the most beautiful fish I have ever seen. Maybe he could win 'Fish of the Year' competition if there is such a thing.

:thanks

Thank you so much! *Kim blushes* *Elvis does a little whirl*

:nana

Unfortunately, there is no chance ever to find a true veiltail in an US fish store. The breed was almost excinct here in the US, and only a couple of breeders here sell them, but not to stores, they go to interested collectors. Thats where I got Stanley from, and just looking at Elvis makes me wonna find the breeder's phone number again!!! :lol1

Maybe a trip to Europe is in order. My brother got his two veiltail for 4 Euro each in a pet store. ....growl.......

That's really interesting, I didn't realise they were so hard to come by over there.

Yup, Elvis cost closer to the equivalent of 3 euros :P *LOL*

I'd really love to see a picture of Stanley!

Guest BubblesOwner

Now that is a fish I would LOVE to photograph... he's gorgeous!

Have you considered breeding your Veiltail with another one? It would be nice to preserve those long fins in a future generation. :)

Here we have Stanley and Ollie (after Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy :lol: ). Stan is the one on the right, and Ollie died a few months back for some reason. Stanley is not as big as your Elvis yet, I only had him for a little over a year, and the breeder told me they are the hardiest if not fed to much, and rather have them grow slow than packing them with food and risking swim bladder problems. ....

DCP_0256.jpg

WOW these fish are so pretty. Makes my pharoh a smudge on a paper :lol

I love the long fins they are so nice. :D

As for progold hun, you might have a problem, unless some one can sneak it over to you, you might not be able to get it, the company that makes it doesnt ship over sees..... :(

http://www.goldfishconnection.com

I have to agree with everyone else. Elivs is one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen. I have been holding hopes of finding a veiltail one day, but I didn't realize they were so hard to come by in the US. I would love to see one in person, as I have only seen them in photos online and in one book.

Guest BubblesOwner
Have you considered breeding your Veiltail with another one? It would be nice to preserve those long fins in a future generation. :)

Dear Lord, yes!! If you do so successfully, I would LOVE to have one or two of the babies!!

:D Thanks guys!

As for the Progold, I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll be trying Hikari brand, which Emma suggested.

As for breeding, YES, I have thought of it. In fact, I was thinking of trying to trigger breeding between Elvis and my calico fantail Goldie. I don't know how I would find another veiltail, I've never seen one. (Any suggestions?)

I've got a 12 imp. gallon tank that I could put them in and then take them out once they got jiggy.

Something tells me I'd have no trouble finding homes for the fry if I succeeded in raising them :lol:

Now that is a fish I would LOVE to photograph... he's gorgeous!

If you're ever passing through the UK, Elvis would be happy to strike a few poses for you.

:D

Stanley is not as big as your Elvis yet, I only had him for a little over a year, and the breeder told me they are the hardiest if not fed to much, and rather have them grow slow than packing them with food and risking swim bladder problems. ....

DCP_0256.jpg

I think Stanley's fins are longer than Elvis' were after a year, but it's hard to say, cause I didn't take pictures very often. Elvis used to be all gold like that too before he turned white. I'm sorry to hear about Ollie :( Thanks for posting the picture!

Guest SilverFilly

Kim, would you ever mind posting a picture of your gorgeous Elvis on Goldfish Paradise? The website addy is http://www.goldfishparadise.com They have a forum there, and I do believe some people there would love to see your beauty!!! :D