Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Yin, it happens quite a lot actually. People can't take care of their fish anymore, maybe old age, moving to a place where no pets are allowed...who knows.....

What puzzles me the most with that fish is tha the is such a high quality fish. Whoever owned him knew what kind of fish that was.....

BTW, the black moor is still there, at least when I checked last time Sunday....

Okay, here he is now!.... :wub:

BigWhiteRuy.jpg

And off to the photo section we go!!

What a sweetie!!! :)

You got to get that moor! What an awesome pair those 2 would be! Ebony and Ivory! How can you separate them?

Nice find though! Jessica is gonna be peeved.

What a nice fish, Andrea! Congrats on the deal! :lol:

Thanks! Name, hm? Haven't thought about it yet, but this one definetely will get a name! :rbanana

Nice fish..!!! what a beauty!

I walked into the Petcetera here in Belleville today to find a 7 inch calico Ryakin for $24.00. It's so pretty... but unfortunately i'm not equipted for the lovely fish.

Great find and addition to your family!

holy cow, andrea! what a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance

that has to be the largest hump i have ever seen on a ryukin! and pure white too boot! hes quite a lucky fellow to have found you. REALLY LUCKY!

so, what are you thinking of calling him?

thats too bad that you didnt get ahold of the moor as well. im sure that they would have been quite a sight to be seen (together). both huge and 1 white 1 black. kind of a shame that they were separated after growing up together. :unsure:

Nice one Andrea,

Can I suggest "Lucky" for the name - as you were lucky to get a fish like that where you did, and the fish is lucky to have been grabbed by someone who will look after it well!

what a lovely fish andrea! i love that fish so mutch.

Before christmas there was this huge oranda that i wanted

but costed 35 $ but was huge, i decided to to save him until

boxing day since the prices are lower.

He was for 15$!!!!! and i missed him some one else bought him

but instead i got Accalia the 8 inch black moor.

Incandisco, "Lucky" is indeed a fitting name for him! Great suggestion! So simple, why didn't I think of that? :D

Wow!! What a great looking fish!! I'd definately say you got lucky!! ;)

elvis.jpeg

elvis1.jpeg

This is Elvis :) - I called him that when I got him (about 4 years ago) because he was gold with black on top, and the black came down perfectly onto his face like two big sideys!

Well, over time he turned completely gold and bit by bit he turned totally white! He's looked like this for about a year, except for his fins which just keep getting longer and longer! He's so pretty, he looks like a ghost or an angel to me as he whirls around the tank.

I love all my fish, but whenever people walk into my living room, they're like: "WOW! That silver fish is so amazing! His fins are so long!" :lol:

I love my babies :nana

Wow Elvis is really amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His fins are really long! :rolleyes:I haven't seen anything like him in my lfs's ,that's for sure!!! He's a beaut!!

Thanks! :lol:

I was wondering if he's a fantail, I don't know what he is! I got him out of a tank labelled "Fancy Medium" :blink:

What a beautiful fish! Your fish is not a fantail it is another variety called Veiltail goldfish. What's your secret for healthy fins?

Kim, he is beautiful. I love his flowing fins. He must be awesome to watch swim. He is also a very nice color.

I'm with Sharon I haven't seen one like that around here either.

Laurie

Kim your fish is a real beauty. Other than color he looks just like my guy Chip. I was told when I got him that he is a Shubunkin. I love watching him swim and see his fins flutter in the water.

Linda

That ain't no shubunkin! ;) Looks like a beautiful veiltail to me! Wonderful pictures- thanks for sharing them!

Looks like I'll have to stop saying I have a Shubunkin and change it to a Veiltail. :lol: I always wondered why I couldn't find any other Shubunkins that looked like Chip.......

Linda

OMG, that is so beautiful! :o I have never seen a goldfish with such long fins! :wub:

What a beautiful fish! Your fish is not a fantail it is another variety called Veiltail goldfish. What's your secret for healthy fins?

Thank you everybody for your comments. I'm so happy you all think Elvis is special too! :D

I don't think I really have a secret for healthy fins - as Elvis' fins have gotten longer I've learned to keep ornaments and plastic plants with sharpish edges out of the aquarium. The other fish occasionally nip at his tail but don't seem to do any damage. Whenever I notice anything at all awry in the tank, I add Melafix (something I only heard of here in the forum - thank you!) which helps fins to heal amongst many other things. The goldfish food I use as a staple has "Immuno Health Booster and Vitamin C", so maybe that helps? *LOL*

I'm glad to hear that Elvis is a veiltail - now I can describe him better.

Yes, Laurie, I could watch him swim all day! :wub:

Linda, I would love to see a picture of Chip.