toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Gill:

942719d6.jpg

tail shot

Dsc00291.jpg

c094aa1d.jpg Edited by grain

Thank you!!!

-and I apologize for the super big and super small pictures...we just got a digital cam, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly to work the hosting site properties and such.

Great photos, love the bubbles in with the fish :D

Thank you!

-they seem to love the bubbles too........hehe, it kinda freaked them out when i first put the bubbles in, but they warmed up to it right away, they love to play in them!

Wow Toothless......That story sure put a knot in my belly. Thank god you came along! those poor fish probably thought they died and went to heaven! I dont think I've ever seen a black moor that big. (they happen to be one of my favorites too) Beautiful story book ending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i like the decoration in your tank

its so colourful

at last i found someone who appreciates goldfish's tail

i love it the orange and white

it one of the features i look for when buying goldies :)

Everybody knows Petsupermarket, right - chain store, no bigger fish than around 4 inches, no goldie more expensive than $ 5.99...?

Well, not last Friday! I walked in there for my weekly visit on fish delivery day, and found - a huge ryukin!! That baby is at least 7-8 inches, with a gigantic hump! For a price tag of 24 $ he went home with me!! :happydance

It turns out, a lady brought him in, with an equally big black moor, since she couldn't take care of them anymore. That fish she did not get at any ol' pet store, thats for sure! It looks more like a DandyOranda/Goldfishconnection fish, so I paid the 24 bucks and smiled inside!!

Oh, and did I mention, its a fish that Jess would love - all white!! :panana

Will take a picture tomorrow, he was breathing rather heavily, and his fins were clamped, so he is in the "purple soup" (PP) for the 2. day now, and already looks so much better....

wow god nice find! how big is he body length? the size of both fists? That would be a sweet fish for me, this goes double for Jessica ;) you must have alot of tanks and room for all those wonderful fish. I cant wait to get my own apartment and grow my fish out as wonderful as yours are :D

edit: I do own a nice calcio rukuin that cost me $5.99 that thing is 4" now but its got small fins of a common so its body looks really huge. I just need patience than that thing will double in size oneday

Edited by Lovely_Goldfish

Lovely, the guy from the store wanted to take him out in a itty-bitty net!! AAAAAAHHHH!! I told him to take that net way, and got him out myself with my hands...Had to use both hands to hold him, so he is a handful! :)

THIS THREAD IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT PICS!! :happydance

I cant wait to see pictures too, also I sent you another yahoo message. Oh you logged out and went to bed :( maybe some other time. id be honored to get the chance to chat to you, you sure are a busy lady though

Edited by Lovely_Goldfish

How wonderfully lucky to walk into that! Sounds like you got a good price too. At my LFS they call three inch fish "Jumbo" and charge nearly thirty dollars.

Wow, i wish i saw a fish like that... But how do you take fish back to a pet store?

--Yin

There was a monster like that at my LFS for $30 and I was broke, I went back and he was gone. What happened to the moor?

:P Nice one!!!!! Goldies here in N.J. that size go for around $40.00 and up. I just picked up my second Panda Butterfly today. I have a 55 gallon devoted to Telescopes only. I also have a 58 gallon devoted to Ryukins. Any way congrats!!!!