Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

6,683 posts in this topic

Greats pics. Don't really like bubbleeyes but yours is cute. ;)

that white bubble eye looks like a jelly fish lol

Gorgeous! Your fish are beutiful! They look sooo happy and they seem to really like that bubble wall. The pix turned out great! Hope you get more new fish! :D

Guest JustJayde

OoOoOoOH What beautiful fish!

:heart

Guest JustJayde

hehehe the one on the left looks like it has lipstick on ;)

very cute!!

Guest Phreno

Thanks Kissy. ;)

Yeah, I hope Pig keeps the "lipstick". It's cute, and pretty much the only way to tell them apart! :D

Guest JustJayde

yea I have never seen one with that before :) very special!

If I get a orange lionhead I was going to name it Cheeto!! Lol! Well, great minds think alike, huh? ;)

Thanks, everybody! He is cute, and i hope he will keep some of the red on his head - we'll see. He continues to settle in well, though I haven't dared to put the tank light on again. But now he begs every time he sees me, just like a pet fish born and bred in a tank! Still won't come anywhere near my hand, though - Polycarp was so tame! I'm not sure Charlie ever will get that tame, but I'll keep trying. :)

Yabbie, I'm not sure exactly why Dr. Tepper gave him to me. The story was that he had been treating my little Polycarp, who had been doing quite well - and then died suddenly. The vet asked me whether I wanted to pick up her body or send her out for a standard cremation. I said I didn't know - ideally, I'd like to pick her up and bury her next to our other two (Gilbert and Zorrito), but it was such a long drive. Then he said, if I did choose to come down, there was a little common/subunkin cross he could let me have that he thought would do well in my tank. So i did come down. He explained Charlie - then nameless - was born in a pond and was an unwanted fry, basically. The pond owner didn't want him. And I think the doc felt sorry about Poly, and also knew that I try hard to take good care of my fish. The tank he is in now is a 20 long, which Dr. Tepper thought would be fine for him, at least for a couple of years. Right now he's about 3 inches long, not including his tail (he seems huge compared to Poly, who was barely two inches). The third reason the doc might have given me Charlie is his experimental zeal! He wants me to keep him in exactly the same way i was keeping Polycarp before her last visit to him, and see how he (Charlie) does. The premise is he is basically a healthy fish, so, if anything does go wrong, it's the tank or the water. But nothing is going wrong yet - knock on wood.

Glad you like the name, Tinkerbell! Needless to say, I'm a Harry Potter fan. ;)

Guest calico4

What kind are they comets?

-calico

HAHAHAHA squids!!!!!! i love it!! :D

Guest Phreno

They're sarasa comets from vvvv. Its hard to believe though! The comets in vvvv are soo small.... I have this net they used to fit in, now they're almost 3 times the size of it! You can't tell when you see them every day....

Congrats on the :newfish ! He sure is a cutie! I guess I missed some story here - but whatever the situation - at least you two found each other - Have fun together!

GN had a little issue with his lights in his previous tank - I found that dropping the food in first and then putting on the light while he is in freeding frenzy resolves this! He is too distreacted to realize that the light is on! So, I know it was "psychological" because he care a whit about the light after he was done eating!

Also, make sure you are not putting the light on suddenly from a drak room - as I did once - ! that'll make anyone jump! And GF have no eyelids!

Good luck with the light, and Charlie - We can't wait to hear more about him! :D

Glad you like the name, Tinkerbell! Needless to say, I'm a Harry Potter fan.  ;)

356840[/snapback]

ah! same here!!! lol! :heart:D

Hi Smack, Nice pics. Must been hard to do. your loaches looks almost the same color as the gravel. Translucent like.

:goodjob

lovely fish!!

i also love black moors!! i have on myself, but he's a bit dopey. i still love him though!!

Guest Esareh

Cheetos looks a bit like my little Noodle! I adore gold fantails <3