Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

here are some pics of my black moor. hes about 6-7 years old and a whopping 10-12 inches long! hope you like!! :lol:

Edited by koko

im still figuring out all the angles and whatnot to get the best pics so these arent all that great! :P

His o big and pretty.

He reminds me of my black moore Accalia :wub:

Edited by Black oranda

thank you! :D i love him dearly. hes so gentle and graceful. i cant wait to put my pearlscale in with him. he really needs another freind since his buddy died (calico fantail named pixel).

Oh my Goodness!! That Moor is HUGE, and LOOK at that TAIL OMG OMG Your fish is double drool factor :druel:druel

What is his name? I love my black moor too, I thought my Blackie was pretty big, but now I think that he is pretty small LOL LOL.

They are such gentle and friendly fish :wub:

Tell us more about your beauty!

Jessica

Guest jamieross

I HAVE A BABY BLACK MOOR

beautiful fish

black moors are my fav fish!!

Toothless-->

Your moor is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love his long flowing tail!

some more info:

he really has several names. shaggy, mr.big, the don, the boss. i usually tend to call him shaggy after a very good freind of mine (rip). shaggs was a rescue along with a dojo.

some guy with a very serious drug addiction had been arrested and he lived a couple of doors down from me. as i was getting out of my car one day, the guys landlord asked me to help him clear the apartment out for some cash. i said i would and entered the apartment. when i found them they were in about 5-6 inches of water. it was very murky with a 1 inch thick layer of sediment covering an inch of gravel. the pump had long since dried up and quit running. there was no sign of fish food anywhere. the guy had only been gone for a few days (in jail). so the water level/condition had been that way for a while. i couldnt even identify the fish at first! the water was that dirty! anyway, from counting the water rings, i was able to tell that he didnt feed, clean, change out filter, change water or anything for at least a month or two!!!!!!! maybe longer. can you imagine?!?!

once i took them home and cleaned up the tank and all, i was able to identify shaggy. but i didnt know what the "strange" looking fish with a hand around his mouth was (dojo loach). shaggy was only about half the size he is now. the loach (i like to call him my "aquatic ferret") was onl about 5 inches and now he is 7+ inches. ferret is also as big around as a bic lighter!

i love these two so much and everyday i thank the powers that be that i was able to give them a new lease on life. shaggys eyesight isnt what it use to be but, neither is ferrets. so they get along great!

also, jessica, i have a pic of my watersnake. i just dont have a jpeg cruncher on my harddrive. if you would like the pic, PM me with your e-mail address and i will send it to you. if youd like to, that is. :hi

hi toothless

i came looking for these pics - having read about shaggy in the disease section

and WOW is all i can say!!

beautiful fish, amazing tailfin - black moors are amongst my favourite of fish - and he is gorgeous!!

and so cool to hear of how you got to have him, i love rescue stories....

i hope he is ok!

pumpkin

Guest ed586

I love it. I really want to grow one that size. What do you recommend about tank size? I thought black moors would only grow to 8 inches maybe 10. I'm going to get a bigger tank so if I want a moor with my 2 calicos that would be at least 30 gallons and I likely will want a pearscale which can get up to 14 inches, I've heard. I can't imagine how many gallons I want for them to be confortable. Maybe 75 gallons if I'm successfull with all 4. What do you think. :)

Edited by ed586

What a beautiful fish. I don't think I've ever seen a Moor that big.

I have had so many black moores in my lifetime, but I have never had one that big :o . He is huge :lol: . Great pics :D

I have had so many black moores in my lifetime, but I have never had one that big :o . He is huge :lol: . Great pics :D

your fish rules. One of my favourite I've seen from here. His tail is so beautiful and his colour is like black velvet. WOW

Hey toothless,

I love your black moore! Reminds me of my baby Knight but a heck of a lot bigger!

How did you get him that big!

:wub: i love him!!! :P

Can you get a pic of him with your hand in it? THe size is amazing, but it would REALLY come across if there is something comperable for size in it! :D :D:D

What an absolutely gorgeous fish......and that tail is awesome!! :nana

WOW your fish RULEZ! amazing finnage, and the color is just awesome! what lighting do you have, or what did you do so he kept all that intense black? congrats for a great fish :)